Wonder Woman TV Series

Koete

This is why the show was doomed from the start.

It could have been the most well-written, captivating piece of television ever conceived, but people would have been infinitely more concerned with whether or not her boots were the right colour.

The show was doomed because it wasn't the most well-written, captivating piece of television ever conceived. In fact all reports suggest it was awful beyond words.

And the costume was wrong. :lol:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THR: You had the most talked about pilot of the season in Wonder Woman. How does it feel not seeing it on NBC's schedule?

Roth: I think Wonder Woman was a very well crafted pilot. But after seeing the announcement of the NBC schedule, I now understand and agree with [NBC Entertainment Chairman] Bob [Greenblatt] that it doesn’t necessarily fit particularly well with their schedule. As well crafted and contemporized as it was, it was a big and radical shift for viewers to embrace this new idea -- and that may, to some degree, have had to do with why it didn’t make it.

THR: Is there a chance that we’ll see it on another network in another form?

Roth: To be determined. I’m just not sure yet; we haven’t given it a lot of thought.

Source

Guest TFG1Mike
Roth: To be determined. I’m just not sure yet; we haven’t given it a lot of thought

translation = they are moving on. :D

Honestly with how radical this pilot seemed it might have done ok on MyNetworkTV or something, but not NBC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I've seen it. It's an alright pilot but I can't blame the network for not picking it up. There are elements I like, (Diana wanting to be just a normal woman, Diana's support group, how it's questionable for a costumed hero to have a place in the judicial process) but there were other things that I was very lukewarm on (Diana kills some of Veronica Cale's henchmen, Veronica Cale herself, the fact that there really is no reason for multiple costumes for Wonder Woman.) I could have seen myself watching this show for a few months if it had went to air but for now, it's going to that special place that Lost in Oz and Mercy Reef will inhabit in my memory of failed pilots that were nothing special.