Episode 697

RSS

Before the year is out, there's just enough time to squeeze in a 30th anniversary special for a show that most history geeks hold close to their hearts: Blackadder. Hosted by Earth-2.net's very own Blackadder and Baldrick (Christian Honoré and Ian Wilson), this episode runs through the unaired 1982 pilot, all four series, plus the specials: Blackadder: The Cavalier Years, Blackadder's Christmas Carol, and Blackadder: Back & Forth. Quite simply, it's the whole damn dynasty! [ 2:18:15 || 66.7 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_697.mp3

Based this discussion, I decided to give Blackadder's a try. I'll keep at it, but I did not enjoy the first episode at all.

If you don't mind skipping ahead (I know I hate not starting at the beginning), just go to Blackadder II. (Although III and IV are my favorites.)

Based this discussion, I decided to give Blackadder's a try. I'll keep at it, but I did not enjoy the first episode at all.

If you don't mind skipping ahead (I know I hate not starting at the beginning), just go to Blackadder II. (Although III and IV are my favorites.)

Yeah, it's probably worth leaving Series 1 until last just to see what the series spun out of. Like the BORGcast, without the Orgs. Or Sci-Fi.

Just as soon as I began the second episode of The Black Adder, I turned it off. More than the dull comedy, I honestly can't get over Brian Blessed.

From there, I took the "start with Blackadder II" advice, and now I'm a fan of this show. "Bells" had me in stitches. I do not recall the last comedy TV show I laughed at that much. The only thing is, I'm not fond of Queen Elizabeth, but we'll see how that develops.

I just finished Blackadder II, and it went out on an incredible high note. I love the post-credits gag, too. Didn't see that one coming.

I'd rank the episodes:

Bells

Chains (This would be #1, but Flashheart kicks Bells into the top spot.)

Beer

Potato

Money

Head

I honestly think it only gets better with each series. As for specials, do watch the Christmas Carol one and the short Cavalier Wars but don't watch the millennium thing, Back and Forth. It's not a patch on the series.

Did you enjoy Tom Baker as Captain Rum? "You have a woman's skin my lord!"