Anime Week

Missy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kellen, you did a great job with your review of Hellsing. I'm now very tempted to buy this UMD / DVD.

Thanks man, personally I didn't think the review was all that great.

PS I'm a little dissapointed you chose to edit the Turn the Page quote in the opening paragraph.

PS I'm a little dissapointed you chose to edit the Turn the Page quote in the opening paragraph.

The way you originally wrote ("on a lonely, lonesome highway, east to Omaha") was both incorrect and redundant. That's why I changed it. The line is actually:

On a long and lonesome highway, east of Omaha

That said, I've edited in the corrected quote. ;)

My ears+Metallica's version=me incorrect

Well thank you then, your edits continue to make me look better than I am. Michael David Sims is the Paul Heyman of writing

EDIT: "East of Omaha" does not work becaue we were west of it when I watched it, and we didn't go any firther east than Omaha, that's when we turned North

EDIT: "East of Omaha" does not work becaue we were west of it when I watched it, and we didn't go any firther east than Omaha, that's when we turned North

We'll leave it just the same. No one will know... unless they read this thread.

:o

OH NOES.

Good review, Kellen. Everything looked solid.

Oh my God! James, your "clichés" piece is hands down the greatest thing Earth-2 has ever published................................. ................................. ................................. ................................. Ever! [/Mr. Kennedy]

Oh my God! James, your "clichés" piece is hands down the greatest thing Earth-2 has ever published................................. ................................. ................................. ................................. Ever! [/Mr. Kennedy]

:lol:

I aim to please.

Oh my God!  James, your "clichés" piece is hands down the greatest thing Earth-2 has ever published................................. ................................. ................................. ................................. Ever! [/Mr. Kennedy]

QFT

It was great, but I'm sad to know that Can-Am has been knocked off of its perch.

Great job James.

Am I to assume a double-shot of me tomorrow?

Also, in the spirit of Canadian Thanksgiving, could we extend anime to Monday? (I'm hoping to put together a .hack//DIGN review after I see the final episode tomorrow night)

Also, in the spirit of Canadian Thanksgiving, could we extend anime to Monday? (I'm hoping to put together a .hack//DIGN review after I see the final episode tomorrow night)

If you can promise to get me that .hack review by Monday, I'll run one of your reviews tomorrow (Friday), the other one on Monday and then your .hack piece on Tuesday. And then maybe (stress maybe) I'll write a review of the Hellsing manga I purchased today and run that on Wednesday. So that would be eight days of anime / manga goodness!

If you can promise to get me that .hack review by Monday, I'll run one of your reviews tomorrow (Friday), the other one on Monday and then your .hack piece on Tuesday. And then maybe (stress maybe) I'll write a review of the Hellsing manga I purchased today and run that on Wednesday. So that would be eight days of anime / manga goodness!

Works for me. The Dear Friends review doesn't have to be posted during Anime Week considering what it was. I can write that up for a future time.

Works for me. The Dear Friends review doesn't have to be posted during Anime Week considering what it was. I can write that up for a future time.

Do you think you can get it done by, say, next Thursday? If you can, I'll run another anime-themed wallpaper on Thursday and your Dear Friends piece on Friday.

Do you think you can get it done by, say, next Thursday? If you can, I'll run another anime-themed wallpaper on Thursday and your Dear Friends piece on Friday.

Next Thursday? Absolutely.

Okay, here's the thing: I have a few things to do today that are going to prevent me from updating the mainpage. Since we've already posted five items this week, we'll consider this week done. Next week, as has been discussed, will be part two of Anime Fortnight (as Kellen rightfully called it), and we will publish three reviews by Kellen, a review / recap of Dear Friends by James and a review of the Hellsing manga by me.

That was simply fantastic. A very funny, very true column. I wish I was an anime character and could jump 50 feet into the air.

Luke, I merged your "clichés" thread with this one, 'cause we were already discussing James' column in here.