Episode 900

RSS

"Klytus, I'm bored." And thus begins the epic Flash Gordon film from 1980, starring Sam Jones, Max von Sydow, Melody Anderson, Timothy Dalton, and Brian Blessed. To celebrate the 900th episode and the 11th anniversary of Earth-2.net: The Show, Dan, Dave, Ian, and Mike dissect this cult classic from top to bottom, creating the most frustrated middle manager in the process. Opening theme: "Caffeine" from Vol. 2 of RWBY by Jeff Williams and Casey Lee Williams, featuring Lamar Hall. [ 3:27:28 || 102.2 MB ]

Rewatching the film. It must have been a very long time since I saw it because I remember liking Dale more than Aura. That is not the case anymore. Ornella Muti is stunning.

I also know that I saw this film for the first time before I had a real concept of what a movie was vs a TV show or anything else. Specifically I remember being quite traumatised by the execution of Flash. I must have been about 3-4 years old. 

Edited by Stavros

Thank you for the kind words all. To be even tangentially mentioned in the same breath as Bob Newhart is an unexpected compliment.

If anyone is interested in reading  the Flash Gordon comics Dan mentioned they are currently very cheap on Comixology. I paid 69p per issue and if I remember correctly that should make them $1 each in the US.

• 1 month later...