Round 1: Avengers: Age of Ultron v Black Panther

Missy

Round 1: Avengers: Age of Ultron v Black Panther  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the best

• Avengers: Age of Ultron
    • Black Panther

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/27/2020 at 05:00 PM

Age of Ultron is vastly underrated. From the opening slow-mo team shot that's pure Kirby to the party, from Clint giving Wanda a no nonsense pep talk to everything to do with Vision, it's a fun Avengers movie. However. It is highly cynical. Making sure The Avengers are seen saving everyone is a direct middle finger to The Man of Steel (which is a better film), and I have always felt that Quicksilver was killed in AOU because Marvel knew they could not top the Quicksilver scene in Days of Future Past. Those elements do bring it down for me.

All that said, AOU cannot even begin to touch Black Panther. It's saying something not about superheroes, but about what it means to have one's culture stolen from him time and time and time again. It's brilliant.

On 7/24/2020 at 4:21 PM, The Master said:

Age of Ultron is vastly underrated. From the opening slow-mo team shot that's pure Kirby to the party, from Clint giving Wanda a no nonsense pep talk to everything to do with Vision, it's a fun Avengers movie.

I'll add the scene of the Avengers fighting army of Ultrons as the camera circles around ending with IM/Thor/Vision triple energy blasting Ultron.  That is exactly how I have always imagined big splash page battles playing out.

But Black Panther.

• Missy locked this topic