Episode 80 - Julia Roberts

RSS

Whilst it is technically March, February is the month of romance and Hey, an Actor duly profiles one of the queens of rom-coms from the 1990s: Julia Roberts. Starting off with latter career star vehicle Eat, Prey, Love, The Brothers Wilson speed on to her break-out hit Pretty Woman, and her Oscar-winning performance in / as Erin Brockovich. The hosts discuss white privilege, societal prejudice and attitudes to women as best as two white British males can possibly hope to do so when drinking, whilst also bringing the tone down when discussing Ian's best assets as a law worker, Richard Gere, and the Victorian era. Also find out why James Franco is regarded as a disappointment, which in-flight movies the hosts remember, and what is classified as The Bus Movie. [ 3:26:19 || 99.4 MB ]

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 3:40 PM, Donomark said:

Maybe I was distracted listening while driving, but with the "Richard Gere" clips this was finally the first HAA! episode where I had no idea what was going on

So there's this urban legend about Richard Gere involving a gerbil. Also, 'The Death Camp of Tolerance' is a South Park episode.

Mutually exclusive, but when combined, it forms the basis of what we were going for.

3 hours ago, SteveJRogers said:

As much fun as the Hook running gag is, wonder if any other film has four, or more, HAA subjects as major subjects of an ensemble, that hasn’t been featured on the podcast?

I think the closest we get is Ghostbusters, as we've had episodes on Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Sigourney Weaver.

Oh, no, I'm wrong - Nolan Bat films. Begins: Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Rutger Hauer. TDK: Same, but substitute Hauer for Heath Ledger. Then again, HAA was never going to cover either film due to The Dark Knight Discussions series, so probably still Ghostbusters.

• 2 weeks later...