Marvel Ultimate Alliance

JackFetch

Anyone playing this? I got it for the 360, and it looks awesome in high def. If you have ever played X-Men Legends, it's kind of like that, but not cell shaded. It's got almost every hero and villain in the Marvel universe in it.

Just the Top guys or does it have the guys lower on the totem pole? Is it out for ps2?

Yeah. It's out for the PS2.

List of playable characters:

Blade

Captain America

Deadpool

Dr. Strange

Luke Cage

Elektra

Ghost Rider

Human Torch

Iceman

Invisible Woman

Iron Man

Ms. Marvel

Mr. Fantastic

Spider-Man

Spider-Woman

Storm

The Thing

Thor

Wolverine

Unlockables:

Black Panther

Daredevil

Nick Fury

Silver Surfer

PSP gets some extra people (Hawkeye most notably) and next gen consoles get Colossus, Moon Knight, and Khonshu.

All and all the playable list is *just* okay, but considering how huge the Marvel universe is, it would've been cool to have some more options (I was personally really hoping for Sentry as a playable.)

Yeah. It's out for the PS2.

List of playable characters:

Blade

Captain America

Deadpool

Dr. Strange

Luke Cage

Elektra

Ghost Rider

Human Torch

Iceman

Invisible Woman

Iron Man

Ms. Marvel

Mr. Fantastic

Spider-Man

Spider-Woman

Storm

The Thing

Thor

Wolverine

Unlockables:

Black Panther

Daredevil

Nick Fury

Silver Surfer

PSP gets some extra people (Hawkeye most notably) and next gen consoles get Colossus, Moon Knight, and Khonshu.

All and all the playable list is *just* okay, but considering how huge the Marvel universe is, it would've been cool to have some more options (I was personally really hoping for Sentry as a playable.)

Thats a pretty cool list. I'd would love to see Havok on there, but he gets no love in video games...

The thing that really annoys me about the next gen and psp consoles getting extra characters is that some are big names like Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, Colossus and Moon Knight. On the current gen and pc versions you cannot get the x-men bonus line up because there are only three x-men.

Plus the current gen and pc don't get any extra characters. I've no problems with different versions have unique characters but they shouldn't be big name characters, I could do without Blade or Dr Strange if it meant having Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, Colossus or Moon Knight.

The game is still great though.

I played this for an hour and a half yesterday with a buddy of mine. It seems like a cool game but they didn't break any real ground with the gameplay (outside of potions being added immediately which is a great help and the game seems faster paced now).

I read somewhere that the story in the game is just average and somewhere else that it's outright bad. To those that have played the game for real (not just some melee fest like me and my buddy skipping all the dialogue), how is the story?

Deadpool, Daredevil, and Silver Surfer are awesome. Personally I agree with the bullshit that is giving GOOD extra characters in the next gen, especially when they give the current gen systems characters like Blade, Ms. Marvel, and Dr. Strange.

Oh and in case anyone was wondering, we played mainly Namor's stage Atlantis and the Mandarin stage.

Its not hate on my part, its just those three characters would have been better suited if they were included in all the games, then have minor characters as the exclusives.

And I am not saying Strange is a minor character.

It happened on Xmen legends 2 as well, the PSP version had Cable and Cannonball and the PC had Sabertooth and Pyro.

The most cynical version of exclusives was Smackdown Vs Raw 2006, to get Jake The Snake Roberts, you had to own the PSP version as well to unlock him on the PS2 version.

The other thing that bugs me about the PC version is that the game is built from the current gen instead of the xbox 360 version.

have minor characters as the exclusives.

Which utterly defeats the purpose of exclusive characters. Extra characters are added so that people will have incentive to buy a game that they likely already grabbed once. You may not like it, but no one is going to go out and buy the PSP version of the game if the exclusive characters were Flatman, Squirrel Girl, and H.E.R.B.I.E.

have minor characters as the exclusives.

Which utterly defeats the purpose of exclusive characters. Extra characters are added so that people will have incentive to buy a game that they likely already grabbed once. You may not like it, but no one is going to go out and buy the PSP version of the game if the exclusive characters were Flatman, Squirrel Girl, and H.E.R.B.I.E.

Hell yeah Flatman!! How could you not go out and buy that game with him in it? Now if we could get Mr. Immortal it be a smash hit...

Seeing as I've beaten X-Men and own the sequel without even opening it over the past year: I'll pass. Is the JL game the same kind of gameplay?

From what I hear it is horrible, and yes it's almost the same as the X-Men Legends games.

Great, this time you can use the JLA to fight an endless army of footsoldiers of varying degree. I'll skip it. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

:yes: I own Alliance for the XBOX, and i love it.

It looks exactly like the Xmen Legend games (thats cause its made

by the same people, but with all the characters you can play as

and the varied comics they come from, it puts XMEN games to shame.

My team is Captain America, Spider Man, Silver Surfer, and "insert

character here" i havent decided on the other squad member quite

yet because i haven't unlocked the others yet, i've been playing as all

the other basic characters you get, but i haven't like many of

them, maybe ill check out Dare Devil or Ghost Rider when i unlock

them, they might pick up the slack from the other less interesting

to me characters.

• 4 weeks later...
PLAY AS DEADPOOL!

I got the game for the Wii and I love it. It wraps the whole Marvel Universe together in a somewhat cohesive game, considering all the characters and locations. I've put about 20 hours in and I'm starting to get the hang of it, the controls are quirky and hard to get familiar with if you've played any of the X-Men Legends games.

Pros:

Sheer number of characters and powers

Ability to change costumes

Similarities to the real Marvel universe

Team Building feature

Camera control (twist Nunchuk left or Right)

Cons:

If you've played the XML I or II the button presses vs. hand gesturing for power moves takes some time to learn. Hand gestures are sometimes recognized as different ones.

Maintaining and playing as a team of four characters can be too much at times, details are sometimes lost

Overall, the ability to use the Wii Remote to do 5 moves just by gesturing (on top of the other buttons) is at times overwhelming but also after a while is awesome. The make it or break it point is how long it takes someone to acclimate themselves to the Wii Remote. I usually use Woverine, Spidey, DEADPOOL, Iron Man and Cap. America.

Also, I've heard there are VIP codes available to go to the website and earn more costumes in the games or win stuff. Does any one have one of these codes they can email me?

I'm really tempted to grab this game, but I can't decided which platform I should get it for. The Wii version is the obvious choice, since that's the only current-gen system I own. (It feels weird calling the Wii a "current-gen system.") However, the PSP version has four exclusive characters -- Hawkeye, Echo, Black Widow and Captain Marvel -- all of whom I really want to play as. Since I'd rather play as those four characters, over Colossus and Moon Knight, I should probably buy the PSP game... however my PSP is MIA. And once I do find it, there's a good chance it'll wind up on eBay. Sigh... I hate exclusive content.

Yeah, the PSP was a birthday gift. But I haven't touched it since July-ish. :(

According to Wiki the Wii, PS3 and 360 all have the same exclusive characters, those being Colossus and Moon Knight. The page also notes Jean Grey and Namor as being exclusive to the GBA.