• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Behold, the bacon AT-AT:

starwarsbaconatat2thumb.jpg

The Bacon AT-AT stands 3 ft tall and is made with over 40 lbs of bacon. The body was made from foam, then the bacon was attached. This beast took 21 non-stop hours to build. If you've ever once thought to cook 40 lbs of bacon in your kitchen in one sitting, I can now personally advise against it.

Hannah: I hate Citizen Kane. Soooo hard. I do not envy you having to study it.

I agree about Citizen Kane. A bloated engine of boredom that doesn't stop. Infinitely inferior to Touch of Evil in every way.

Thirded on Citizen Kane.

It is an exercise in extreme boredom.

It was his sled. It was his god damned sled from when he was a kid. There I just saved you two boobless hours.

Yeah, sorry kids, I liked it. No, it is not the zomg best film evar, but, still, it's a pretty good film, and I'd see it again.

I honestly liked the interlocking stories, the play of dark and light in the shots and the sheer scale and loomingness of things (yes, that's a word, fuck off) and how, by the end, you realize that everything is subjective and there's no way to know the truth about him.

Might just be me, though.

Keep practicing. Really listen to the way people speak, and try to get that on the page. Also, it might seem odd, but read your dialog aloud as you type it. That will give you a better sense of how true it sounds.

Yeah, I actually did that for one of the scenes that I did last night. The weird thing was, it was the longest scene, that didn't feel right, I showed it to someone, and said, why don't I just cut stuff. In the end, I turned a three page scene in twenty seconds and it flowed a lot better for me to write and the people reading it.