Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got back from spring break in LA last night. UCLA looked really nice...

I do NOT want to go back to school tomorrow. I mean, dammit, I'm not even halfway through season 4 of Buffy. And Angel! I've barely started Angel and now I have to go back to school and think about college and the future and driving and stuff. This sucks.

Got back from spring break in LA last night. UCLA looked really nice...

I do NOT want to go back to school tomorrow. I mean, dammit, I'm not even halfway through season 4 of Buffy. And Angel! I've barely started Angel and now I have to go back to school and think about college and the future and driving and stuff. This sucks.

Do what I did, sit around watching DVD's and getting wasted until they kick you out, then take eight years to get around to going back. I did watch the entire first season of Angel in one sitting when I was at uni back then.

Thanks! Note that I have many favorite characters, so I just will name of the books I have in my pull list:

DC:

Red Robin

Batman (Not Batman and Robin, just Batman, and to be honest, it's just Prodigal all over again)

Batgirl

Superman/Batman

Green Lantern

Green Lantern Corps

The Flash

Birds of Prey

I usually also read Superman, but as he's barely in his books, I dropped it and are waiting until the trades come out. No monthly Marvel, but I have a few Captain America omnibuses (or omnibi?) and some Daredevil trades.

Just found out my Mum was stuck in the south of France due to the Icelandic volcanic plume affecting flights. I had no idea she was even on holiday, much less that she was meant to be back last Friday. Nobody tells me anything.

Been there. My mum once bought new floors for my room and waited till the guy came to fit them to tell me.

I probably am biased, as I am a guy who started to read comics in the 90's (Hence my favorite GL is Kyle and Speedster is Bart) but I really enjoy it. Tim's growing up, and even though there can be a few roadblocks, it seems to be a good series. I also from a fan level am kinda pissed about the whole Death of Bruce thing, as in the end it was just made to make Damien Robin and Stephanie Batgirl. I looooove Dick Grayson, but he became his own man as Nightwing. I haven't read much of Cassandra Cain after No Man's Land, but Babs is my favorite Batgirl, and I like seeing her take on a mentor role. After reading Alex Ross's "Rough Justice", I wish they went along with putting Babs in a Lazarus Pit and made her the new Batwoman, though Oracle rocks my socks. That makes the current Batman: Ace of Detectives audio drama even better, as that is what recently happened in episode 50.

I'm loving the fact that the UK's first national leadership debates has lead to Nick Clegg and the third party left win Liberal Democrats having about 29% of the vote, only 4% off the leaders and 1% behind the existing Labour government. With two further debates to go its all to play for. My vote won't make much difference here though, Bristols a Lib Dem city with some Labour spots, including where I am now. My MP has had his job for over 25 years and he's very popular, so my vote isn't exactly going to hurt the tories (my main reason for voting). His election materials say "Vote Roger Berry even though he's Labour". The guy always wins.

Unsure if I'm going Lib Dem or Labour yet, we'll see closer to the date. Love to vote Lib Dem, don't want to benefit the tories in any way shape or form.

Unsure if I'm going Lib Dem or Labour yet, we'll see closer to the date. Love to vote Lib Dem, don't want to benefit the tories in any way shape or form.

We agree here. I don't follow politics that much, but I know I sure as fuck don't want the tories in power. I'll have to waste my vote in a sense and vote Labour because even if they have been poor under Brown, they still are better than Tories being in charge.

We agree here. I don't follow politics that much, but I know I sure as fuck don't want the tories in power. I'll have to waste my vote in a sense and vote Labour because even if they have been poor under Brown, they still are better than Tories being in charge.

Its close enough that you should check out your constituency details on the BBC website and see where your vote is best spent.

I can see a Labour-Lib-dem coalition government coming out of this.

Its close enough that you should check out your constituency details on the BBC website and see where your vote is best spent.

I can see a Labour-Lib-dem coalition government coming out of this.

Yeah, I think I'll do that tonight, like I said, I don't want tory to win.

Also, a coalition won't be a bad thing between those two, as it could help the UK.

Maybe we really need a new thread for this, but I would love to hear some more discussion on the British election. Why are the 'torries bad, is it the deep scaring from the last time they were in power or their current agenda? What intrigues me more is the third party option. I watched some of the debate on youtube and I can definitely see how Clegg is winning over people. I would love for Australia to have a viable 3rd party option so am watching this with a lot of interest.

The Tories are scary now because they represent exactly what they did last time, deregulation leading to national services being compromised because the marketplace doesn't have the interests of the public at heart and cannot solve all the problems its supposed to. On top of that their budget plans don't add up because they don't make clear how they plan to pay for their promises whilst slashing taxes. Oh and their leader is an oily shit who came into politics via working in PR, and he's picking the bones of Obama's campaign by running on a platform of CHAMGE. Plus some of his policies are totally idiotic. Government sponsored volunteer placement for school leavers, providing them with a few months of going out and working in the community. Basically they get to live in group home conditions for months whilst doing community service without having done any crimes. No-one will ever volunteer for this, its just a pipe dream he's throwing to the morally panicked who mourn the loss of community and feel threatened by the young. Cameron's small government, big society model fails because its counting on people to do the work of government for themselves. Anyone who was so inclined already does this sort of thing through charities or whatever, you aren't going to get 10 million new volunteers just by withdrawing government services. I think a lot of people are detecting his BS recently, and his sharp dip in the polls reflects this.

Labour actually do have everyone's interests at heart, its just that the actual business of government has bogged them down too far. I think Brown was actually doing good work, bringing Labour back to the left. He's also probably one of the best financial minds in the world, his time as the most powerful Chancellor of the Exchequer in history saw unprecedented growth in this country. However his Government does need a shakeup. In particular the Digital Economy Bill was a monstrosity, allowing ISP's to cut off users who used torrent-style downloading methods without actually establishing if they are guilty of anything. The bill was passed in under two hours with minimal scrutiny in the commons.

The Lib Dems represent a fresher voice. A week ago most people couldn't pick Nick Clegg out of a lineup, now he's a major figure. He's promised to repeal the Digital Economy bill and provide some stern governing of the financial sector. They're also promising to shake up the tax system, freeing up cash for people on low incomes. Usually the Dems get around 20% in elections, so this bump is a huge shift in momentum.

Basically people are tired of labour, as every electorate grows tired on entrenched government, but they really don't like David Cameron.

Took a break from my work, which is due two weeks today to go to the bank and have lunch. At 3, I need to go back and either write an article on the writing process, or redraft article layouts, or start working on the script for my radio news show of the stories that I am writing.

I also remembered what I hate about journalism, it's not the creative process, it's all the shit you have to tug through to get there.