Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My project due next Monday (3rd of May) and all I need to do now is finish up my diary, write an essay on changing stories from print to radio and interviewee profiles, and I think I will be done!

My project due next Monday (3rd of May) and all I need to do now is finish up my diary, write an essay on changing stories from print to radio and interviewee profiles, and I think I will be done!

Updated, shit profiles done.

Edit: Woot! Diary is done!

And today, I am going to be covering one of my friends event helping a blind charity, which means taking photos and doing an audio interview. SHould be fun and more work to put into my project.

We need a "random writing frustrations" thread.

I would frequent it.

True but what forum to put it in. Should it be under one of the categories in the Writers' Corner or maybe under Shameless Self-Promotion? Then there's just putting it in the Randomness forum. Lots of trouble, lots of trouble indeed. On the bright side, got my story patched.

I say writers forum. Also, great news about your story.

Not unless you all plan on writing reviews and fan-fic.

In other news, neighbors were finally so loud and so obviously drug/drunk-addled that I called Security last night successfully. This led to some amusing conversations.

Security: "Can you pinpoint where this is coming from?"

Me: "...Everywhere? It's going on at the two ends of the hall and I'm in the middle of the hall, it's kind of blending into this big chaotic thing, so I can't pinpoint where the worst of it is."

(After coming down from dealing with both halves of the hall.)

Security: "I was getting a contact high just from breathing in the air down there."

Me: "Try living here."

RHD: "This is a regular thing?"

Me: "Yeah, every day pretty much, this is just the worst it's been for a while."

Security and the RHD: ....

I just started following God_Damn_Batman on Twitter. Some of my favorite tweets so far:

I wonder if criminals are starting to catch on that there isn't a lot of crime fighting happening during LOST?

Trying to find the right birthday card for Alfred. It should be festive but also make it clear sassy backtalk won't be tolerated.

Made bat-shaped pancakes this morning. Ingredients: Bisquick. Eggs. RAGE.

And the article about my friends charity event is written and made up to look like a local newspaper story. If I can do an essay on transferring articles from print to radio then I should be done a week early.

Also, I'm debating handing the folder in a week early just to get it out of my life.

On one hand, it's very satisfying to do so. On the other, having that extra week to go over and revise your articles and portfolios will probably ensure you get higher marks on them.

So, last night was one of the best nights I've had in a while with my friends, not counting C2E2 the other weekend.

We spent the night making gourmet burgers and our own sweet potato/potato fries, making our own ice cream (questionably successful, we'll see if it did its thing today hopefully, and also I need to get my blender back from them), watching the End of Time, and a two hour conversation that started about a frat's Pimps and Hos party, went to realities of prostitution, then to issues of feminism, then to childbirth, then to issues of how some of the response to the party was probably the best advertising they could have ever gotten, then to issues of hate speech versus free speech, which finally wound up at ideas of agency and Stanley Milgram.

...God, I love my friends.

[On one hand, it's very satisfying to do so. On the other, having that extra week to go over and revise your articles and portfolios will probably ensure you get higher marks on them.

Yeah, your right, it's just that I've got to the other end of the stress level. Instead of thinking "How the fuck will I get this done in a week!?" I'm not saying "What the fuck do I put in now!?"