Final Crisis

Dread

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a dead man. I know people in Bristol...

You don't mean barry!?

I actually mean Stavros...shhh :unsure:

Just so I'm clear, for when the icepick enters my skull, was it the sweaty night of passion or the crack about Final Crisis that brought this on? :evilgrin:

Final Crisis.

Just so I'm clear, for when the icepick enters my skull, was it the sweaty night of passion or the crack about Final Crisis that brought this on? :evilgrin:

Final Crisis.

I'd like to act all disapproving of your stance here, but I can really only admire your commitment to the work of Grant Morrison.

I have a theory about where Morrison is going to take

Batman

. Here's the cover to Final Crisis #1:

131340_20080528174123_large.jpg

In Final Crisis #7, we found out that

Batman

painted the symbols on the wall. What we don't know is how long after they were painted does the cover to Final Crisis #1 happen. What if the cover happens right after the symbols were painted and

Batman

is the one getting struck by the prehistoric ax?

The blood on the Bat symbol is not only a reference to R.I.P., but also indicates that Batman is the one getting struck. Not only is he in the past, he's still in the Omega Sanction.

• 11 months later...

:shocked: ok... Maybe it just doesn't make sense to me because I didn't read countdown. Not being confrontational, but what do you like about it (we may want to transfer this to the Final Crisis thread)

One, fuck Countdown.

Two, there's a lot I liked about Final Crisis. As opposed to other event comics, there was a lot of story in each issue. It was a big event that was more than just villains and heroes punching each other. While it wasn't a Crisis in the traditional sense, the situation was just as grave. The only crossovers that mattered were written by Morrison and they actually added to the story. It was a slow burn that amped up to something great. Batman mortally wounded the living embodiment of evil in the DC Universe. Superman performed feats as only the center of the DC Universe can. As opposed to other event comics, there is a ton of story in each issue. Most of all, I find something new every time I read it (I've had to have read the whole thing five or six times by now), which is more than I can say for 99% of the comics out there.

Three, Darkseid always hated music.