Catching Up With Worlds Finest Podcast!

If you want to talk about old episodes of worlds finest podcast, like episode thirteen and what happened and how you disagree with Mike and James then put your points in here.

(I personally put this topic up as i am going to go through all the episodes of WFP with the episodes as i just recently got the DCAU's later DVDs like batman volumes three and four and superman so I'm going to go through them in the order of the show and post my thoughts in here)

:happy:

I was going to create a thread like this when I finished the second episode but you beat me to it.

Anyways, just finished listening to the second episode of World's Finest Podcast:

Really good job guys. Don't know what to say, you provide some insights of a lot of things. I don't disagree with you guys too much on this batch.

I didn't really like Underdwellers too much.

For POV, I felt that the first half was rather excellent with the different point of views and the differences in the the three officer's views of themselves, Batman, and the situation but while the first half excelled the second half of the episode, done in real time was quite bland. I guess it's done to show contrast the three perspectives against the reality but it nonetheless it was still bland.

Be a Clown was meh as well, even though I love the Joker. I actually like Be a Clown less than The Last Laugh but that's because I felt that the Last Laugh was more fun to watch maybe the kid brought it down a bit.

The Forgotten or what I aliased as Cool Hand Bruce is an odd episode. I've read somewhere that the Producers are not fond of this episode even though the fans seem to be. It really is there to show how Bruce does without any of his gadgets and weapons. I really like what Mike said about even though Bruce has forgotten who he is, it doesn't change his core character and his desire to fight injustice. An intriguing episode, but I think the idea is more intriguing on paper than in execution.

The Two-Face two-parter is absolutely awesome. Totally agree with James' score here. I think the plot, the psychological aspects, and the character work more than make up for whatever it lacks in animation. I understand that the scores are arbitrary but I would still like to hear more debate on this episode. I understand that you two have somewhat similar tastes but for an episode where the score varies so much, you guys are still too agreeable. Easily my favorite episode thus far.

Will be back after I finish the next batch.

WFP Episode 03 had a great collection of episodes to review.

You guys have really gotten good at your reviews/analysis, spending the right amount of time on each episode and providing some unique trivia and some unique insights to the episodes.

I really enjoyed this batch. Never Too Late is awesome especially for Mob film geek like myself. I really liked that you guys pointed out that Batman didn't play a huge part in the episode but was still nonethless an instigator and instrumental in the change that starts to occur in Stromwell. Stromwell plays a great protagonist in this very deep episode showing the consequences of his actions as a mob boss and how it tortures his very soul.

Yeah I've got Batman in my Basement sucks, and is pretty boring. Although I think you emphasized the negative aspects in that it is kid's taking care of Batman, and neglected the aspect of how the show continues to present Batman as human and vulnerable.

Heart of Ice: You guys said everything that needs to be said, excellent episode.

Cat and the Claw - this is probably the one I disagree with you two most, it's an above average episode, certainly not deserving of a two-parter. While the interaction between Bruce and Selena is interesting it is driven forward by an absolutely yawnful plot. Also, I think they didn't do nearly as good as a job to make me care about Selena Kyle outside of the fact that Bruce liked her. I'm not as high on this episode as you two were.

See No Evil - I totally didn't pick up on the child molestation angle subtext, I knew something was creepy about the episode but I just couldn't put my finger on it until I listened to WFP. Although you did bring up that as kid's we don't pick up on that kind of stuff, but certainly I think the reason it was let on the air is because it does present an important message for kids: don't go off with strangers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was never covered on any of the podcast, except through e-mails asking if you'd review it. But I recently watched Batman: The Animated Series "The Lost Episode" which is essentially a spliced together of Cut Scenes from the Sega CD game The Adventures of Batman & Robin. It is only a couple minutes shy of a full episode and features a lot of characters.

The Joker, Clayface, Ruper Thorn, Poison Ivy and The Riddler(who actually has a fist fight with Batman)make up the Rogue's Gallery in the game, with appearances by Bullock, Robin and Gordan. The voices are the same as in the B:TAS. Here are the links to the full episode, if WFP do decide to review this, just from fan request, than we'll all have a link to watch it.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guCBoM_Njh4

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pnfkGI7D_Y

I actually think its worth reviewing, its pretty good for just a set of cut scenes.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm currently listening to Episode 26 of WFP

mike & James you guys were wrong about the Sky Sentry it wasn't the nano disasembler from "The Return" that was the Power Disruptor from A Better World Part II in Justice League that Luthor gives the League to get rid of the Justice Lords. Everything else you guys said was right except it wasn't the Sky Sentry well can't wait for future episodes of WFP

Guest DCAUFan1051
I'm sorry, Mike, but I really don't know what you're referring to. Episode 26 was recorded back in April, so I don't remember it at all.

I'm referring to S: TAS episode Ghost in the Machine that you reviewed in episode 26. James asks or you might have asked mike is the sky sentry supposed to be the same gun that luthor and the atom try and use in The Return episode of JLU on Amazo where you guys say that the league confiscated the plans and now they unconfiscated them. that wasn't the sky sentry magnetic gun from the Ghost in the machine episode it was from the justice league episode a better world part 2 where superman makes a deal with luthor to get rid of the Justice Lords by making a power disruptor gun.

What I was trying to get across was that the power disruptor from a better world and the nano disassembler from The Return are one in same just modified. It had nothing to do with the sky sentry magnetic gun from Ghost in the machine. I hope that clarifies it for you mike

Guest DCAUFan1051

I rewatched the JLU Episode The Return and I have to correct myself mike

lex says how are you going to find the chink in the andriods armor the league confiscated the blueprints the Atom says and now they've unconfiscated them so my previous statement about the giant double barrelled nano gun was incorrect it was the blueprints of the andriods armor they were talking about so it very well could have been the sky sentry gun from S: TAS episode Ghost in the Machine sorry again

This was never covered on any of the podcast, except through e-mails asking if you'd review it. But I recently watched Batman: The Animated Series "The Lost Episode" which is essentially a spliced together of Cut Scenes from the Sega CD game The Adventures of Batman & Robin. It is only a couple minutes shy of a full episode and features a lot of characters.

The Joker, Clayface, Ruper Thorn, Poison Ivy and The Riddler(who actually has a fist fight with Batman)make up the Rogue's Gallery in the game, with appearances by Bullock, Robin and Gordan. The voices are the same as in the B:TAS. Here are the links to the full episode, if WFP do decide to review this, just from fan request, than we'll all have a link to watch it.

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guCBoM_Njh4

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pnfkGI7D_Y

I actually think its worth reviewing, its pretty good for just a set of cut scenes.

This "episode" just made me yearn for the old BTAS more than before. :shakehead:

I still think The Riddler look is better in the original series than in Gotham Knights

You mean you don't like skin-tight-green-unitard-with-big-purple-question-mark-on-chest uniforms? :shocked:

Truth be told, it wasn't as jaunting as Catwoman's white-face-black-lipstick-chin-can-cut-glass-young-overall-appearance-with-old-voice re-invention.

You mean you don't like skin-tight-green-unitard-with-big-purple-question-mark-on-chest uniforms? :shocked:

Truth be told, it wasn't as jaunting as Catwoman's white-face-black-lipstick-chin-can-cut-glass-young-overall-appearance-with-old-voice re-invention.

I hated the new Catwoman look. But Selena Kyles new look was pretty good, although, bone skinny.

The revamped Riddler looked like it was rushed. I mean they didn't use him in any episodes, except for a cameo villain. Poor use of John Glover's voice talent. He's definitely dedicated to his roles, most big actors wouldn't have come just to record 1 line of dialogue.

I hated the new Catwoman look. But Selena Kyles new look was pretty good, although, bone skinny.

The revamped Riddler looked like it was rushed. I mean they didn't use him in any episodes, except for a cameo villain. Poor use of John Glover's voice talent. He's definitely dedicated to his roles, most big actors wouldn't have come just to record 1 line of dialogue.

I agree. I think I just prefered the 1950's Marilyn Monroe look they used in BTAS over the modern day look they switched to in BTNAS. And Riddler's voice WAS magnificent.

John Glover was awesome as Riddler. But then again, as I said in the endless e-mail segment in Episode 35, I liked pretty much every recurring voice actor and actress.

Me too :smilewinkgrin:

(but you didn't care for Catwoman's voice, right?)

Meh, I could take or leave Adrienne Barbeau. As I said, most of my problems with her weren't really her fault. I mean, look at the horrid scripts she had to work with. Case in point: "Cat Scratch Fever". UGH.

EDIT: 2,500 posts~!

\

Meh, I could take or leave Adrienne Barbeau. As I said, most of my problems with her weren't really her fault. I mean, look at the horrid scripts she had to work with. Case in point: "Cat Scratch Fever". UGH.

EDIT: 2,500 posts~!

NOOO, not Cat Scratch Fever, please don't remind AHHHHHH!!!

I know this episode in general sucks, but there are a few things I like about it.

For example, Selina wasn't the cold-hearted thief that she was depicted as later on. Her caring for animals (and Batman's for that matter) was sweet. I get the "gag-me" factor of Batman chasing after Selina chasing after 2 goons, but I can also see it as Batman's need to avenge/protect Selina. Remember in the Cat & the Claw, Bruce walked Selina to her door after their interrupted date and offered her his help (whilst blushing). He said, "if there's anything you need... I'm sorry, I just haven't felt this way about someone in a long, long time. (Hello Andrea reference!)" I think that besides his inherent nature for "justice," Batman wants to be the one to save Selina, especially because she refuses his help. It's a power-struggle, and that's part of what makes their relationship interesting.

I am, by no means, excusing all the terrible cat-puns and the dumb villains in this episode. I am saying that when Batman delivered Isis to Selina's window, he mistook himself for someone else. That was something Bruce, not Batman, would do. Batman delivers criminals dressed in skull shirts to Commissioner Gordon's window, not kitties. Maybe that was Batman's slip. Maybe he can be not so dark, brooding, and dry when it comes to Catwoman.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Selina,

Love those B:TAS Avatars but in fairness since the guys are reviewing S:TAS shouldn't u make a Clark/Superman, Lois, Jimmy, and Lex? :urock: :devil: :laugh:

Selina,

Love those B:TAS Avatars but in fairness since the guys are reviewing S:TAS shouldn't u make a Clark/Superman, Lois, Jimmy, and Lex? :urock: :devil: :laugh:

Lol, that would be fun. I am not a HUGE Superman fan, though I like him ;-) Maybe I'll do one, just for you.

• 2 weeks later...
See No Evil - I totally didn't pick up on the child molestation angle subtext, I knew something was creepy about the episode but I just couldn't put my finger on it until I listened to WFP. Although you did bring up that as kid's we don't pick up on that kind of stuff, but certainly I think the reason it was let on the air is because it does present an important message for kids: don't go off with strangers.

I'm not sure that "don't go off with strangers" is quite the message to get - after all, he was her father.

• 2 weeks later...