Star Wars VII - IX in the works?

Missy

Mind you, this is from the Internet, where things aren't always as they seem. So take it for what it's worth.

Rumours are circulating on the internet that George Lucas is planning another Star Wars trilogy.

A user at fansite TheForce.net, who claimed to be a Lucasfilm insider, said that staff at Industrial Light & Magic have already signed non-disclosure agreements pertaining to special effects work on three sequels, which would follow on from Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

Lucas had originally planned Star Wars as a nine-film work, but later changed his mind. He told E Online in 1998 "It really ends at part six."

Lynn Fox, spokeswoman for Lucasfilm categorically told E Online, "The rumours are absolutely untrue", adding, "Star Wars: Episode III--Revenge of the Sith is our last and final instalment".

However, TheForce.net's Joshua Griffin told E Online that he believed there was some truth in the rumours, pointing out that there would be no need for non-disclosure agreements if the sequels were not at least under discussion.

He added that sources in Australia claim that Lucas had expressed an interest in shooting the sequels there, where he filmed the prequels.

Truth be told, I'd rather Lucas remake IV-VI so they look more like I-III and fit his new vision. Plus, this way, he can stop fucking with the originals, by adding this new scene or brand new special effects. Leave my originals alone, old man! :grumble:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I dare say the disclosures are true, but were part of the Ep1-3 disclosures. Lucas was probably just covering his arse, incase he decided to throw ideas around or such.

I would be interested in 7,8 & 9 as there are many great stories there including

- Return of Palpatine

- Han and Leiah's twins

- The new Jedi Academy, started by Luke.

- Luke "turning" to the dark side

Oh and more ewoks :evil: I kid, I kid.

I dare say the disclosures are true, but were part of the Ep1-3 disclosures. Lucas was probably just covering his arse, incase he decided to throw ideas around or such.

I would be interested in 7,8 & 9 as there are many great stories there including

- Return of Palpatine

- Han and Leiah's twins

- The new Jedi Academy, started by Luke.

- Luke "turning" to the dark side

Oh and more ewoks :evil: I kid, I kid.

I'd love to see some of the stuff taken from the Young Jedi Knights series. Jacen & Jaina (the Solo Twins), Lowbacca (Chewie's Nephew) & Tennel Ka. I got into those books so quickly it's not even funny

I'd like to see the Thrawn Trilogy ("Heir to the Empire", "Dark Force Rising", and "The Last Command") written by Zahn or the Jedi Academy Trilogy ("Jedi Search", "Dark Apprentice", and "Champions of the Force") written by Anderson. I've always wanted to see the Thrawn Trilogy on film though.

I agree ten times over on both those trilogies. It was the Jedi Academy trilogy that got me into the SW books, and the Thrawn books that kept me reading 'em. Those books, especially Zahn's, have so much material that they could easily make more than three films.