My iPod died

Missy

After nearly four years of faithful service, it appears my iPod has finally succumbed to its inevitable fate. For the past week it's been reluctant to sync with iTunes, and now, though it's fully charged, it won't turn on.

Goodbye, old friend. Goodbye. :cry:

iPod: 30 December 2004 - 17 November 2008

Guest DCAUFan1051

I bought a Purple Nano a coupla months ago as I've stated in other threads and love it. I mainly use it with my Bose SoundDock though.

I use my iPhone for everything else. I'm so getting the iPhone 3G December 1st. anyone want my old iPhone??

I wholly sympathise. I bought my first ever iPod in July and it's been my faithful companion ever since. Up until Friday night, when I left it behind at a party after finding myself one over eight. I've been back to the venue a couple of times (it's a members only rowing club, of which I am a member) but it hasn't been found. This means someone else is either holding it (for fair means or foul) or has moved it and it's a simple breakdown in communication that's keeping me and Poddy apart.

Now I accept full culpability for leaving it behind, but damn, my day at work sucks now where I can't drown out my racist co-workers with a podcast or a song. I am rather down about it. :cry:

I wholly sympathise. I bought my first ever iPod in July and it's been my faithful companion ever since. Up until Friday night, when I left it behind at a party after finding myself one over eight. I've been back to the venue a couple of times (it's a members only rowing club, of which I am a member) but it hasn't been found. This means someone else is either holding it (for fair means or foul) or has moved it and it's a simple breakdown in communication that's keeping me and Poddy apart.

Wait, rowing club? Are you sure you're exaggerating your Britishness?

Now I accept full culpability for leaving it behind, but damn, my day at work sucks now where I can't drown out my racist co-workers with a podcast or a song. I am rather down about it. :cry:

I do know what you mean. I use mine to drown out the sophisticated political opinions of my Daily Mail reading workmates. It helps me when they insist that the solution to the credit crisis is to "print more money". :shakehead:

Like many of you I use my iPod to drown out co-workers, siblings, annoying people on the bus, but I also use it to multi-task. See when I work late, I listen to one of my audio books in order to "read" what I need to for class the next day. I know it's cheating, but I eventually read the books because I ending saying "What the fuck did the author mean by that?"

Oh Mike, get an iPod video.

I thought mine had died a week ago when my computer refused to recognise any connection, so I left it plugged in and left the house for a couple of hours. The God of MP3's answered my prayers and when I returned it was working. I'm really paranoid now because I just can't afford to get another.

Fucking modern technology. Why can't it all be like my faithful, wonderful and impervious N64?