The Expendables

Stavros

An all female team strongly defeats the purpose of this movie.

Agreed 100%.

If you want to see women kicking ass, just throw a dart at a list of movies made in the past 20 years and chances are, you'll hit one.

Trying to find a genuine man kicking ass in a movie now? Good luck.

Eh, they’re still come out every so often. It’s been a while since I’ve seen something quite like The Expendables (maybe Taken? I’ve heard good things about the Predators movie). I guess you’re not counting flicks like The A-Team or The Losers. What about Crank or Shoot-em-up, are they too silly to be counted?

I don’t know, depending on the variables, I feel like I could construct a pretty lengthy list of movies about dude(s) kicking ass over the past decade if I really put my mind to it

Saw it. It's like Hot Shots II except all the humour is unintentional. Minor spoiler- Eric Roberts is talking to a captured woman about how he was raised not to hit women, and he doesn't intend to change that. He then gestures to Steve Austin and says "This man however...". Steve Austin proceeds to hit her.

Steve Austin, who beat up his wife in real life. Yeah. Since all these 'characters' are really just random pseudonyms for the action stars of this film to inhabit, the whole script is littered with references to their real lives or films they did. Did no-one want to enlighten Stallone that this particular moment might come across badly on screen? I'm sure it was unintentional, but many might see it as a reference in keeping with the rest of the film.

Oh yeah, whoever chose the shots on this film can't frame Bruce Willis' head to save his life. I've never seen Bruce Willis look so strange on screen just because of the way they framed his face. Plus they played off Stallone and Arnie as having some real sexual tension between each other, it was strange.

My IQ halved from watching this film. I don't regret it, but it's by no means good.