What if Nintendo folded tomorrow...?

Missy

Which one?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We all know The Big N isn't doing so well, what with a complete lack of online titles and few M-rated games. In fact, it would appear that the only reason Nintendo is still around is because of fanboyism. Mario and Link love have gone a long way in helping Nintendo throughout the years.

But let's say Nintendo stopped producing hardware tomorrow, would you rather see them produce games for PS2, Xbox or both systems? AND WHY! Please, by God, say why.

I voted PS2, for 2 reasons.

1. I have always been s PS2 man, so I would love some of the Nintendo titles on PS2.

2. I'm anti Microsoft.

On a side note, all EA titles are out on GameCube, so they also have that, but yes I agree, fanboyism is a HUGE reason for the longevity. Also, they have done 4 player games for a lot longer.

For me, I'm going to say both. Mario would be great on the PS2, especially if Nintendo let Naughty Dog or Insomniac help with the development. Whereas the Zelda franchise would benefit greatly from the awesome power of the Xbox. Those realistic shots of the next Zelda game that were shown at E3 would be nothing compared to what Nintendo could do with the graphical capabilities of the Xbox. Speaking of the Xbox, Metroid Prime could hit Xbox Live. Not a fan of the MP games, but I'd like to see 'em online.

Sony, because I would love the irony of Nintendo working for the company that was originally suppose to develope the successor for the SNES, until Nintendo decided to go with their own creation in the N64, thereby creating the competition that led them to their demise.

Plus, I've kinda been wanting Sony to have their asses handed to them since they crushed Sega. Though really, that's what the PSP is for.

I don't know, I see the PSP actually putting up a good fight in the handheld market.

I don't know, I see the PSP actually putting up a good fight in the handheld market.

That's from ignorance/fan boyism. There is no logical reason for the PSP to do well in the handheld market.

How do you figure...? Price and battery wise it's going to suck, but Nintendo has nothing on it when it comes to power.

I probably wouldn't bother; I've majorly gone off gaming over the last few years, despite the games being just as good.

If I wanted to see N games to go to another system, I'd probably say XBOX, just because I hate Sony more than Microsoft and, as someone said, Link/Metroid online would be godly

That's from ignorance/fan boyism. There is no logical reason for the PSP to do well in the handheld market.

So being optimistic about a new system is considering fanboyism, where as you saying it has no chance in competeing with the gameboy isn't..... :rolleyes: