Episode 323

RSS

U mean your reviewing and possibly spoling this before it comes out and the most important person in the world can see it as it won't be out in the UK till October.

Yes, I mean Stavros!

Did they do this with any other Pixar films than this and Ratatouille? It seems like an awful long North America to UK difference. I'd expect one month or two but five?!?!?! <_<

As for the show this week... I'm glad to see the old 'snipe hunt' wild goose chase shtick being used in a new film but am worried about A) people who were not in on the joke that there is no such thing will now be and B) that if someone mentions it they will automatically assume you are talking about or stole the idea from the film.

Mike, I personally doubt you'd like Cars that much if at all but I would say that Ratatouille is worth it for Peter O'Toole's monologue near the end of the film alone. Wall-E is a love or hate film in most cases so who knows....I think Jenny would like the romance between the two 'bots at least. :P

Charles's last name was Muntz, the bird's name was Kevin, and Carl is said to be 78 in the film...

I adore the film and defiantly agree with Mike that Ellie had miscarried but do not agree that the 3D is a must for the film. Nightmare Before Christmas (2005-7 releases), Bolt, Meet The Robinsons, Chicken Little, and the latest Ho-hum Dreamworks flick Monsters Vs. Aliens (Kung Fu Panda rocked but alot of the DWA stuff is pure mediocrity) all were released in 2D or 3 and only came to DVD and BD with a normal flat versions. I think although all the films I have seen in Digital 3D, other than monsters Vs. Aliens where it felt intrusive to the film, have felt wonderful with the extra depth they lose none of what really counts in them.

Oh and PIXAR has said they make movies not for kids or families or reviewers but for themselves. They make what they want to see. Although I think the Dog Fight with the real dogs was a bit much for the film I personally don't see it as a 'kid's' film nor most of the Pixar Cannon. :happy:

-Skyler

Towards the end of the show, posting thoughts now.

Jenny, know how you feel about Summerfest; people at the concerts can always be... interesting. For moving, I just have always understood it as if someone's clearly moved out, people can move in, and you always check with other people that it's okay to move in. Also, Dropkick! \o/!

Interesting tangent discussion about how people consume music; you two should definitely think about expanding it sometime.

Glad to hear your guys' thoughts on Up and the 3D use; glad the 3D use is kinda subtle like Coraline, and good to know that it's going to emotionally destroy me. (I got a lil' weepy listening to the synopsis.)

U mean your reviewing and possibly spoling this before it comes out and the most important person in the world can see it as it won't be out in the UK till October.

Yes, I mean Stavros!

Did they do this with any other Pixar films than this and Ratatouille? It seems like an awful long North America to UK difference. I'd expect one month or two but five?!?!?! <_<

Oh yeah. Australia gets grouped with the UK for a lot of releases, and I know we had to wait several months for Ratatouille and Wall-E. I have no idea why, but Pixar’s films take forever to reach the rest of the world.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Yes, I mean Stavros!

Oh yeah. Australia gets grouped with the UK for a lot of releases, and I know we had to wait several months for Ratatouille and Wall-E. I have no idea why, but Pixar’s films take forever to reach the rest of the world.

But the Aussies got real tender Transformers Coins damnit!!! WTF lol

Had to stop listening as I haven't seen up yet, but I have to agree with Mike about the music thing.

I'm not a big music fan, but I like certain songs, and when I hear the song I like, I say yay.

But I'll freely admit, that I wouldn't go out of my way to see one song live, so if I'm there, I would like to hear it.

Also, didn't just kill Mikes car, made me realise Superman is a serial rapist and home wrecker.....well he is!

I'm on both sides of the fence when it comes to the music thing. There are bands I listen to, and I totally analyze every word of it, and I pay attention to where the band plays, and what they are actually saying. But I don't get bent out of shape about whether or not anyone else gets it. If a song comes on in the car and it has a particularly poignant message, I'll say something like "Oh, just listen to the words to this". I try to share my passion for the band, and whether my friends care or not, I'm cool with it.

At the same time, I only listen to Rise Against singles... ad nauseum.

Also, SHAME ON YOU for not seeing Ratatouille or Wall-E! I can understand Cars, but you are missing out on true pieces of art by missing out on the other two.

Yes, I mean Stavros!

I am ticked that I can't see this until october, just like I'm ticked that I can't see Ponyo On A Cliff yet. Why does some stuff take so long to get here, are they sending it via sailboat?

Yeah, I'm just hoping for the DVD just before christmas as I just put on Wall-E.

Mike without spoiling the movie, could you say whether the movie is comparable to the incredibles or finding nemo(Awesome movie not just for kids) or is it like a bugs life (Their one mistake, easily their worst movie). So is it good, or is it shit?

Also Mike, Ratatouille is really good, I know you said you didn't care about seeing a movie about a rat, but you should put it in your netflix list of movies "I want to see, but am in no real rush to watch" atleast.

Up is good, but I would put it below The Incredibles and Finding Nemo. In fact, after further thought, I think I would lower my grade from a 4 to a 3. It dragged in places and was all too predictable.

Eventually I'll get around to Ratatouille and Cars.