The 2009 Emmy Awards

dc20willsave

Nominations are up here.

Nice Suprises:

• Family Guy did something The Simpsons never did and got nominated for best Comedy.
  • Dr. Horrible Got Nominated
  • Tina Fey got nominated for doing a bitching Sarah Palin on SNL.

That said, still kind of find it crappy that Battlestar didn't get nominated outside of technical awards. Oh well, at least 30 Rock is nominated for like everything.

Nominations are up here.

Nice Suprises:

[*]Family Guy did something The Simpsons never did and got nominated for best Comedy.

Bite your tongue, sir. This is not a "Nice surprise." This is garbage. And by the way (yes, here comes that old argument all Family Guy haters have): Without the Simpsons, there would be no Family Guy. And you know what? Some days, like days when my TV is tuned to The Ol' Channel 9 for too long and that grating intro music blares out of my speakers, I wish there had never been a Simpsons specifically so there would NOT be a Family Guy. I hate it that hard.

But yes, 30 Rock and Tina Fey are awesome. Yaaaay.

Sorry, I meant nice meaning interesting, not nice meaning good. Word Choice, something that isn't necessarily a bad thing. But seriously, it's not as if Family Guy stands a chance of winning. It's up against 30 Rock, Weeds, and The Office and the voters have always shown that while they're willing to nominate new things, they aren't necessarily going to let them win.

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series

30 Rock • NBC • Broadway Video, Little Stranger, Inc. in association with Universal Media Studios

Tracy Morgan, as Tracy Jordan

30 Rock • NBC • Broadway Video, Little Stranger, Inc. in association with Universal Media Studios

Jack McBrayer, as Kenneth Parcell

Entourage • HBO • Leverage and Closest to the Hole Productions in association with HBO Entertainment

Kevin Dillon, as Johnny Drama

How I Met Your Mother • CBS • 20th Century Fox Television

Neil Patrick Harris, as Barney Stinson

The Office • NBC • Deedle-Dee Productions and Reveille LLC in association with Universal Media Studios

Rainn Wilson, as Dwight Schrute

Two And A Half Men • CBS • Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc., The Tannenbaum Company in association with Warner Bros. Television

Jon Cryer, as Alan Harper

Hell yeah. Go NPH!

Outstanding Supporting Actor In A Comedy Series

Tracy Morgan, as Tracy Jordan

Jack McBrayer, as Kenneth Parcell

Entourage • HBO • Leverage and Closest to the Hole Productions in association with HBO Entertainment

Kevin Dillon, as Johnny Drama

How I Met Your Mother • CBS • 20th Century Fox Television

Neil Patrick Harris, as Barney Stinson

The Office • NBC • Deedle-Dee Productions and Reveille LLC in association with Universal Media Studios

Rainn Wilson, as Dwight Schrute

Two And A Half Men • CBS • Chuck Lorre Productions, Inc., The Tannenbaum Company in association with Warner Bros. Television

Jon Cryer, as Alan Harper

Hell yeah. Go NPH!

Sorry, friend, but Morgan or McBrayer deserve it more. Doogie's sun set a long, long time ago.

• 1 month later...