Top 10 Worst Marvel Superhero and Villain Costumes

batcavejanitor

Agree with all except Union Jack, whose costume is pretty badass in my opinion. Its one of the few flag-based costumes I like, its similar to the current Captain America one in that its a simple design over a very basic dark costume, its not like he's wearing Welsh flag boots and flag of St George gloves with it.

Stilt Man looks awesome to me.

Mister Sinister's pixie boots are what ruins his costume for me.

Power Man looks a bit like 1970's John Stewart.

Union Jack looks like a really patriotic assassin.

Yellow Jacket looks like a less colourful Killer Moth rip off.

Captain Wonder looks like a piss take of Dick Grayson's Robin if he stayed in the tights.

Stryfe....Hey I can see myself.

Citizen V looks like a really racist character trying to fit in with America, so he goes to a tourist shop and asks to look like everyone else.

Nighthawk looks like a crappy Harvey Birdman.

3-D man, how is metamorpho? Also, he looks like a character from that Simpsons episode with the guy freezing at a super bowl game.

Union Jack and Cap Britain don't belong.

Otherwise, I approve.

I agree about Union Jack's costume. Like Spider-Man's, it's one of the best designed costumes ever. Why? Because it covers the wearer completely from head to toe, giving them maximum protection and anonymity.

Mister Sinister's pixie boots are what ruins his costume for me.

Nighthawk looks like a crappy Harvey Birdman.

The thing most people forget is that Mister Sinister was, in his original conception, meant to look like a twelve-year-old's bad concept of what a super villianous costume is supposed to look like. It's not until later, when the whole 'I'm a doctor looking to guide the evolution of mutantkind' concept comes in out of left field that the whole 'I'm an evil Tim Curry bondage clown' visual makes no sense.

I'll accept a silly costume--even one as ridiculous as Sinister's--if it makes sense in the concept...

And don't knock the Nighthawk. My favorite Defender ever....

I'm opn your side with Nighthawk but he doesn't hold a candle to Daimon Hellstrom.

I dunno...I never quite got Daimon, even with Steve Gerber writing him during part of the way. And I really thought the DeMatties DEFENDERS version turned him into a fawning wimp...

However, I will admit to finding Warren Ellis' version of Hellstrom Ultra-wicked....

I hate Yellowjacket's costume. It might have worked a few decades ago, but when I saw it in a comic only a couple years ago, it nearly made me want to throw up all over my trade of The Initiative. I was pleased to learn later that it was only a Skrull in disguise, and not actually Hank Pym. Hank might be a wife-beating loser, but nobody has fashion sense that bad.

Luke Cage's classic costume is awesome, and I will hear nothing to the contrary! You know why? Because it says "I'm so fucking tough, I can wear a yellow silk shirt and a tiara, and you can't say shit about it!"

The Yellow Jacket costume is also cool, but I can't tell you why. Something about the design appeals to me. That said, I do go back and forth on it. Right now I'm obviously in my "love it" phase.

Anyone who hates the Captain Britain and Union Jack costumes can turn in their E2 memberships.

The Citizen V outfit is awesome because it's trying to be over-the-top in its patriotism.

I'll admit to liking Yellowjacket's costume. The Yellow/black combo isn't common in superhero designs so its easy to tell apart from the rest, and the shoulder-things actually serve a purpose allowing for short range flight rather than just being some daft 80's fashion thing. Its a pretty classic superhero costume, its certainly not as ugly as a lot of these.