Episode 357 tease

Missy

Dan hates me  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Last night Dan and I recorded episode 353 of Earth-2.net: The Show. As always, at the end of the Waiting for the Trade segment, we announced what books we'll be reading next time (episode 357). It was Dan's week to choose the previously released book, and, from his choice, he clearly wants to be replaced as co-host of the segment.

Of the four books you see listed, which one do you think Dan chose?

Fables: Legends in Exile

A book / series I've panned many times.

Omega: The Unknown

A book that gave Earth-2.net one of the most frustrated reviews ever, leading to the creation of the Tim Glancy Award.

Onslaught Reborn

A Jeph Loeb / Rob Liefeld collaboration set in the Heroes Reborn universe.

War is Hell: The First Flight of the Phantom Eagle

A Garth Ennis / Howard Chaykin collaboration that spawned the Chaykin / Cabbage Patch Kids legacy.

Where have you been?! I thought my Fables hatred was known around the forums. Here's a review I wrote.

First I've heard of it too. I enjoyed the first fables trade, but it didn't grab me enough to make me go out and get more.

Anyway, you wouldn't want to fire Dan for that book. That's the book you would then say to Dan "We're reading Punisher War Journal: Jigsaw!" or "Saw: The graphic novel!"(That one has to life soon, I'm surprised it's taking them this long)

But something with Liefeld and Loeb, how could you resist not firing him.

Yoda, your Fables hatred is just completely beyond me. I will admit that the first trade isn't a world beater but its one of those series that just gets better and better. I'm pretty sure you only dislike it because you've been told over and olver ho great it was and the first trade doesn't live up to the hype.

Then again you didn't like Sandman, so there really might not be any hope for you. I hope its Onslaught Reborn.

Oh and Suavestar, Little Miss Sunshine was great.

Yoda, your Fables hatred is just completely beyond me. I will admit that the first trade isn't a world beater but its one of those series that just gets better and better. I'm pretty sure you only dislike it because you've been told over and olver ho great it was and the first trade doesn't live up to the hype.

Oh and Suavestar, Little Miss Sunshine was great.

I read the first sixty issues and it peaks BIGTIME at the war with the wooden soldiers but is a mediocre comic at best.

Little Miss Sunshine was a ball of pretension too interested in being quirky to tell a story that matters.

Since you two can't stop reviewing Jeph Loeb comics, I picked Onslaught Reborn, Omega The Unknown being a close second. And if you do review a Fables volume, it should be one other than the first since it's been said a million and one times already that the first volume isn't that great.

And Little Miss Sunshine was fan-fucking-tastic.

Master, your Fables hatred is just completely beyond me. I will admit that the first trade isn't a world beater but its one of those series that just gets better and better. I'm pretty sure you only dislike it because you've been told over and olver ho great it was and the first trade doesn't live up to the hype.

Nope. I bought the first few issues when the series launched, but I quickly gave up 'cause I could see right through the mystery. When I reread the first volume, that's when the hype had built, so I wanted to see if I missed something the first time around. Turns out I hadn't. And the same happened when I tried again a year or so back.

Am I allowed to vote?

No. :evil:

I read the first sixty issues and it peaks BIGTIME at the war with the wooden soldiers but is a mediocre comic at best.

Bill Willingham has said that he really thought about ending the series there, but he obviously changed his mind.