Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

I religiously watched Tech TV, and when it was turned into G4 I was pissed. Then I remembered back in the day watching a network called The Comedy Channel. It had some of the greatest shows ever in my opinion until it was merged with HA! and turned into Comedy Central. I refused to watch it because of what happened and missed the first couple seasons of South Park because of it.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The transformation of G4 is what killed TV for me. I haven't consistently watched much of anything since.

The original incarnation of that channel was awesome.

I remember back when it was called ZDTV, and its main attraction was Leo Laporte with his iMac fish tank and live PC helpdesk support. Fans then complained when it changed into TechTV—and rightly so, because TechTV started out like crap. Then TechTV settled, got an identity of its own, and people liked it again. Then it became G4, and went through another year or two or growing pains. Now it's decent again.

ZDTV/TechTV started out as a different station entirely. I was referring to the G4 in 2002, back when there were only about ten shows, but all ten of them were awesome.

The merger had promise, but the only gaming/tech shows they kept were the ones with a pretty co-host and then it became the place reruns of Cops go to die.

Now that I'm back I have the following to watch- Raw, Smackdown, Game of Thrones, the complete Jekyll, the complete Sherlock, Chikara King of Trios 2009 (all three nights). On top of that I've rented WWE All-stars for the X-box. Gonna be a fun couple of days of post-holiday decompression.

Skip Raw and Smackdown and just watch King of Trios twice.

Good advice, those weren't great shows (skipped through most of them). Game of Thrones though, that show is awesome and this episode was no exception, I think this is the point where everyone who's been watching with a set of expectations just has them completely blown away.

Now to chose between Sherlock, Jekyll and Justified- Which series should I watch first?