Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm watching this movie called Dear John, and I've come to the conclusion that Amanda Seyfried might be the worst actress in Hollywood. Her reaction to finding out someone died made me laugh because it sounded insincere to the point of mocking.

She was funny in Mean Girls, pretty good in Veronica Mars and Alpha Dog, and outside of Meryl Streep, was one of the only tolerable things in Mamma Mia!. She's not a great actress but she does alright. Besides, most of the... I think you can call them actresses... that the Disney Channel and Nickelodeon have churned out are far worse and they're not content with just making bad movies, they also have to pollute the radio as well.

I've been looking at the imdb top 250 list for some potential films to watch, to fill out the first 50 I need to see-

4. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

6. 12 Angry Men

8. On Flew over the Cuckoos Nest

13. Seven Samurai

20. Once Upon a Time in the West

21. Rear Window

28. It's a Wonderful Life

31. Forrest Gump

32. Sunset Boulevard

45. Vertigo

46. Amelie

48. The Shining

49. Paths of Glory

50. City Lights

At that point the list starts getting 50/50. I'll probably stop short of Paths of Glory but the rest are probably all films I should take the time to see. Certainly I plan to see the top three on that list within the next few days.

Anyone here a fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm? Series 8 just started last week, and I still have to watch the first episode.

I enjoy it. The humor is very sardonic and some of the jokes in the first couple of seasons haven't aged as well but I'm also a pop culture freak so it doesn't faze me all that much. It's definitely funny though and I highly recommend it. The Seinfeld episodes are made of win.

Anyone here a fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm? Series 8 just started last week, and I still have to watch the first episode.

I enjoy it. The humor is very sardonic and some of the jokes in the first couple of seasons haven't aged as well but I'm also a pop culture freak so it doesn't faze me all that much. It's definitely funny though and I highly recommend it. The Seinfeld episodes are made of win.

I meant the first episode of series 8. My bad. It has ranged from awesome, series 1-5, and the Seinfeld season, to crappy, season 6.

Larry teaching a girl how to use a tampon and the true meaning of the word "Interested" and in what context was just great. I'm happy to see the show finally back on.

I've been looking at the imdb top 250 list for some potential films to watch, to fill out the first 50 I need to see-

6. 12 Angry Men

13. Seven Samurai

21. Rear Window

31. Forrest Gump

32. Sunset Boulevard

45. Vertigo

46. Amelie

48. The Shining

49. Paths of Glory

50. City Lights

At that point the list starts getting 50/50. I'll probably stop short of Paths of Glory but the rest are probably all films I should take the time to see. Certainly I plan to see the top three on that list within the next few days.

Uhm...Paths of Glory is better than most of the films on that list. You'd be doing yourself a disservice by skipping it.

6. 12 Angry Men

13. Seven Samurai

21. Rear Window

31. Forrest Gump

32. Sunset Boulevard

45. Vertigo

46. Amelie

48. The Shining

49. Paths of Glory

50. City Lights

Uhm...Paths of Glory is better than most of the films on that list. You'd be doing yourself a disservice by skipping it.

Fair enough, I'll give it a look with a recommendation like that. Thanks.

John Goodman is going to be on Community!

John Goodman (“Damages”) will play vice dean of the college’s school of air conditioning repair.

Vulture’s Joe Adalian explains that Goodman' character is a powerful presence on campus:

As series creator Dan Harmon told us, "The Greendale Community College only has one part of it that is actually nationally renowned, and it's their air conditioning repair program. And it's sort of a separate annex on the campus that puts itself above the rest of the school, and ironically has more power than the campus itself."

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50562