Episode 77

RSS

Guest TFG1Mike

I'm up to the part 3 talk.... Bruce Timm I believe says in the commentary that it's hard coming up with good Batman gags and they really wanted to do the Bats coming at the Soldiers. Which is very cool.

As far as the Future Hawk Themed Eps of JLU here's the order:

Season 4

Hunter's Moon a.k.a. Mystery In Space ..... this is the one where Kragger comes back.

Season 5

Shadow Of The Hawk

Ancient History

Guest TFG1Mike

mike or james do either of you have the single disc movie version of Starcrossed? I do it there's a special feature on there about hawkman... very cool.

Bodies in a morgue are chilled, not frozen surely. I mean, if they need to conduct an autopsy on a body it would be way too difficult to perform on a frozen body, as opposed to a chilled/refrigerated one. With regard to IDing formerly frozen bodies, freezing causes mass cell rupture which would be identifiable in the organs. I thought that stuff made sense.

Guest TFG1Mike

If Gotham is only 30 miles from Metropolis, how come Bruce arrived there in a big jumbo jet during World's Finest? Is he that environmentally unfriendly?

Wasn't he hiding the Batwing inside of it?

yes he was hiding the Batwing inside the jumbo jet. The other reason he could've taken that jumbo jet was that he wanted to show off his fame? I know that's kind of a lame reason and Bruce Wayne isn't like that. It's the only thing I can think of.

If Gotham is only 30 miles from Metropolis, how come Bruce arrived there in a big jumbo jet during World's Finest? Is he that environmentally unfriendly?

Wasn't he hiding the Batwing inside of it?

Right, but it still looks massively questionable to anyone living in Metropolis. It would be easier just to have Robin or Alfred fly the Batwing over if he needed it, 30 miles is nothing in a fighter jet. Plus you've gotta ask what he told the crew who are flying the jet. "Take me to Metropolis and don't go in the cargo hold or I'll fire you". The plane would never get the chance to reach optimal cruising height which is the only thing that makes that sort of transport affordable. Makes zero sense.

There's some weird stuff going on with the costumes in the cave.

screen-capture-1-5.png

First off, the boots and gloves on Robin and Batgirl are totally different. And what's that yellow/black suit off to the far side? Doesn't quite look like the Batman Beyond suit. A prototype, maybe?

yeah and why does he have Nightwing's costume anyway? Batman didn't force him to retire after the incident with Tim. Furthermore, he has a brief cameo in the JLU episode "Grudge Match"

And why does he have the Justice Lord Batman suit in there?

that's his Gotham Knights suit; if it were the Justice Lord Batman's, the logo would be silver/gray and the suit would be black, rather than the other way around; plus the ears would be longer like in the Batman Beyond suit