Episode 81

RSS

Guest TFG1Mike

Andre Braugher's IMDB

He was the general in Fantastic Four: Rise Of The Silver Surfer, he was in the CBS show Hack, the film Frequency, and also most known for "Homicide: Life on the Street" .... Det. Frank Pembleton.

He is a great actor, but still I'm holding my opinion on his voicing Darksied, because we haven't heard his version yet.

When you guys are talking about Beast Boy and James says he turns into a lion a tiger.... I was expecting bear to come next lol.

Robin's double could also be a Mxy type too not just a stand in for Batmite :D

I LOVE the fact you spent the first 5 minutes on the World Cup!!! :buttrock::buttrock:

More thoughts to come!

I could spend 30+ minutes before each set of reviews talking about MLB and the NFL. :w00t:

Rounders and padded rugby?! I'll pass on that front.... :smilewinkgrin:

As to the episode, I haven't seen all that much Teen Titans (despite it being in DCAU continuity) but the Terra arc sounds suitably dark, given the source material. Should we assume that the announced Titans movie (was it "Judas Contract?") is never going to see the light of day?

I LOVE the fact you spent the first 5 minutes on the World Cup!!! :buttrock::buttrock:

More thoughts to come!

I could spend 30+ minutes before each set of reviews talking about MLB and the NFL. :w00t:

Rounders and padded rugby?! I'll pass on that front.... :smilewinkgrin:

As to the episode, I haven't seen all that much Teen Titans (despite it being in DCAU continuity) but the Terra arc sounds suitably dark, given the source material. Should we assume that the announced Titans movie (was it "Judas Contract?") is never going to see the light of day?

It was gonna happen, but something came up around the New Frontier timing where Bruce Timm came out and said it was completely scrapped.

I like the Second Season Finale, but it can't be denied that as any sort of adaptation of the actual Judas Contract story it was gutted. Terra in the comics was insane and utterly detested the Teen Titans. We never learn exactly why, but that point is driven home. I thought the throwaway line of searching for a way to reverse her transformation was weak, but as it pertains to the cartoon, it was cool.

My favorite episode that I remember is Haunted in season 4, that episode is pitch-black in tone. But you guys aren't there yet...

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, Mike and James. I'm a little new here, but I thought I'd humbly give my opinion on a disagreement I have with one of your reviews.

I'm not sure why I seem to be the only one who likes Titan Rising. The plan Slade set up was a little contrived, but at the same time, he accomplished exactly what he set out to do: force Terra to save the day and gain the trust of the Titans. With the Tower collapsing into the ground, Terra's powers are tailor made to save the day, but only if Raven trusts her. When she comes back at the beginning of the episode, Raven isn't the only one who has doubts. She's just the only one who's willing to say what no one else will. At the endof the episode though, Terra has the confidence of the entire team.

As to Raven herself, I never found her behavior that confusing, especially when considering that she, Terra, and Beast Boy constituted a love triangle. Terra ran out on them and hurt BB, so Raven held a grudge, and she wasn't going to just let her back in. Besides, Raven has always been a bit guarded with her trust of others, which was reinforced by the vision she had when Terra bumped into her.

Yes, there were some animation flaws, but as was stressed in Aftershock, there are some flaws in that one as well. Titan Rising in my opinion is one of the stronger episodes of the second season, as it ultimately proves Raven's skepticism correct, as Terra could not have gained control of her powers that much on her own. The first and liast lines of the episode provide great forshadowing, as we would so soon learn.

I love your show, and look forward to future reviews.

P.S.

Teen Titans is TOTALLY in continuity.