Episode 427

RSS

Note to self. At the hotel in Chicago, blare the regionals version of Glee's Don't Stop Believeing.

Also Ian, the revival is also in large part due to the Sopranos and Family Guy both having the song play a major role in episodes of their show's, before Glee ever got to it.

Also Ian, the revival is also in large part due to the Sopranos and Family Guy both having the song play a major role in episodes of their show's, before Glee ever got to it.

I just finally listened to the show but this is something I wanted to address myself. As you have I will add that the song was also in Scrubs, The Apprentice, the parody film The Comebacks, and the Adam Sandler family film Bedtime Stories before Glee did it. I'd like to blame Family Guy most of all though.

On the topic of Glee itself It's fine if you don't enjoy it however I felt a bit uncomfortable listening to the profanity laden bashing of it and it's cast since a friend of a friend is a main cast member. I did a movie with a fellow who used to be in a band with Kevin McHale. Both are very nice guys. Also I can't hate something COMPLETLY with Jane Lynch in it.. she's done loads of paycheck movies that were as good as a breakfast of razor blades but I love that lady.

On Scott Pilgrim I was surprised that when I saw it at a midnight showing with my father in tow. He is now 61 and enjoyed it very much. He is far from a gamer aside from NES games Duck Hunt and Super Mario Bros in the early 90's with me as a child however I don't think that everyone needs to be into games to enjoy it. My father's reaction to the film was echoed in AO Scott's review later that day 'There are some movies about youth that just make you feel old, even if you aren’t. “Scott Pilgrim vs. the World,”.... has the opposite effect. Its speedy, funny, happy-sad spirit is so infectious that the movie makes you feel at home in its world even if the landscape is, at first glance, unfamiliar.' I'd say in my father's case that was completely true even if it may not be the norm... I however knew I'd like it being a young unemployed Canadian who enjoyed the comics.

Great show anyhow, Ian. :) Glad you are finally doing The Mask films. Cheers.

-Skyler