Episode 95

RSS

In the epic four-part finale of the Cadmus storyline ("Question Authority," "Flashpoint," "Panic in the Sky," and "Divided We Fall"), the Justice League squares off against Captain Atom, Amanda Waller, the Ultimen as led by Galatea, a superpowered Lex Luthor, a Lex Luthor / Brainiac hybrid, a Lex Luthor / Brainiac / Dark Heart fusion, replicas of their Justice Lords selves, and their inner strife. Later, Luthor escapes from jail, and unwillingly finds himself in league with Gorilla Grodd's Legion of Doom ("I Am Legion")! [ 2:16:33 || 62.5 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.worldsfinestpodcast.com/episodes/wfp_095.mp3

Guest TFG1Mike

Hey Guys.... I'd also like to point out when Flash says that he can never go that fast again after being pulled out of The Speed Force. This is called back to in The Great Brain Robbery.

Great episode... Divided We Fall is probably my favorite Season finale.

At the beginning of "A Better World, Part 1", the Justice Lords are watching the League fight Luthor on a monitor in the Batcave. One of them specifically commented that they had never had that fight, making it explicit that the Lords were a parallel universe, not a future timeline. Question may either have not known this or been concerned that things would continue to follow in this universe as in that one, hence the comment about Luthor is Luthor, regardless of what universe he calls home.

As to the video, remember that Lords Batman decided to help the League after realizing that Thomas and Martha Wayne would not have approved of what the Lords had done. Presumably, they returned to the League Earth through the portal in the Lord Batcave. It's not unreasonable that Lords Batman gave them data on some of the key turning points that led the Lords to where they ended up - if the Waynes didn't approves of the Lords, he would want to make sure that another League didn't go down the same path. Certainly, a Luthor White House would have security cameras, and just as certainly, Batman would be able to get copies of the data from them.

Only listened to the first episode before I got to work, but during the Captain Atom/Superman fight - did anyone else feel that Captain Atom was trying to put on a show of fighting Superman, more than trying to actually win? He can emit radiation, so uses red sun radiation to decrease Superman's power. If he really wanted to win, why not emit Kryptonite radiation and actively hurt Superman, rather than just reduce his power?

Chris

Amazing episode, amazing season finale and in honor of it I just thought of a new yet classic saying based off of Mike's "I threw a rock at 'im!"

Now after this episode: "I threw a Javlein at 'im!"

After all, the Greeks practiced throwing javelins extensively in military training, so she did play to her strengths. :rimshot:

Chris

Guest TFG1Mike

Didn't Hugo Strange have tech that could read minds? In that case, couldn't he have provided Cadmus with a way to view the Lords' memories?

Milo is a stand in for strange... damn bat embargo! That said I don't see wh they couldn't have called back to Strange being in BTAS.

Didn't Hugo Strange have tech that could read minds? In that case, couldn't he have provided Cadmus with a way to view the Lords' memories?

Milo is a stand in for strange... damn bat embargo! That said I don't see wh they couldn't have called back to Strange being in BTAS.

While didn't stand in Strange; Moon did. Strange AND Milo appeared at the Cadmus round table in The Doomsday Sanction.

Best episode of the JLU chapter of WFP yet. Also loved Mike's rant about Doomsday.

Guest TFG1Mike

Mike & James:

As far as Justice Lords it is a alternate Dimension because I believe Lex States that when he got the Presidential Pardon part of that deal was telling the US Government about the alternate universe adventure.

As far as The Hand That Saved Batman... it has to be Hawkgirl's hand. Everyone else besides her has a costume sleeve or a silver bracelet on their wrist.

TheHandThatSavedBatman.jpg

TheHandThatSavedBatman2.jpg

Guest TFG1Mike

Looks like a woman's hand to me.

Good sleuth-work, sir!

Thanks! ... at first I thought it was Diana's y'know with her and Bats having a supposed relationship...then I remembered her braclets take up the majority of her wrist. Superman's hand was too big... then I thought oh hey Shayera is the only one in the original 7 that are sleeveless. Plus why would J'onn Shape Shift into a human? That would make no sense.

As far as Justice Lords it is a alternate Dimension because I believe Lex States that when he got the Presidential Pardon part of that deal was telling the US Government about the alternate universe adventure.

That doesn't prove the Lords are from an alternate dimension. All that proves is that everyone thinks they're from another reality.

That said, I'm not saying with 100% certainty that the Justice Lords are from the future, but The Question's statement did put the idea into my head.

In "A Better World," all of the characters repeatedly and specifically refer to "an alternate reality," and Lords-Batman uses a machine specifically designed for multiversal travel. Nowhere does it ever say that it's merely a time jump. The Lords' universe is two years in the future, but that's the only temporal difference.

• 1 month later...