Flashpoint

SuaveStar

flashpoint-logo.jpg

ff_final_blog-835x1024.jpg

FLASHPOINT spans the DC Universe from the dark streets of Gotham to the ruins of Big Ben. It’s an international tale of action and intrigue that impacts an entire universe.

Geoff Johns and Andy Kubert and Sandra Hope are creating an epic five issue series, one with a scope so big and ambitious that there will be fifteen mini series expanding on the events, along with several important one shots.

This afternoon we’ll be announcing fourteen mini series’ titles - and leaving one a mystery for now, along with the one-shots.

This isn’t a parallel Earth.

This isn’t a mirror world.

This is home.

Announced titles:(Spoilered as they may affect current things in DC)

Whatever Happened to Gotham City?

FLASHPOINT: BATMAN KNIGHT OF VENGEANCE #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: DEADMAN AND THE FLYING GRAYSONS #1-#3

Whatever Happened to the World’s Greatest Super Villains?

FLASHPOINT: CITIZEN COLD #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: DEATHSTROKE & THE CURSE OF THE RAVAGER #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: THE OUTSIDER #1-#3

Whatever Happened to the Aliens?

FLASHPOINT: ABIN SUR THE GREEN LANTERN #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: PROJECT: SUPERMAN #1-#3

Whatever Happened to Science & Magic?

FLASHPOINT: FRANKENSTEIN & THE CREATURES OF THE UNKNOWN #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: SECRET SEVEN #1-#3

Whatever Happened to Europe?

FLASHPOINT: EMPEROR AQUAMAN #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: WONDER WOMAN AND THE FURIES #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: LOIS LANE AND THE RESISTANCE #1-#3

Everything You Know Will Change in a Flash

FLASHPOINT: KID FLASH LOST #1-#3

FLASHPOINT: THE WORLD OF FLASHPOINT #1-#3

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with that except that there doesn't seem to be one single "main" book.

I liked the way Blackest Night went: one or two main books, and the rest are optional.

Geoff Johns and Andy Kubert and Sandra Hope are creating an epic five issue series, one with a scope so big and ambitious that there will be fifteen mini series expanding on the events, along with several important one shots.

Yeah, that's true. I think I just dig the art style they're using. Oftentimes, DC Direct figures are a little "off" for me. But those seem pretty good.

Maybe my expectations are a little bit high, seeing as I love the Blackest Night figures that have come out. These seem like a step in the wrong direction to me.

Also, the issue I have with DC Direct is not only is Mattel kicking their asses with DCUC, but DC Direct figures joints stiffen up and loosen after a while, making them pretty much worthless. Also, the infamous T leg look, where they have the crotch and leg points in a T motion for all the figures, and it looks generic.

Solicitation for Flashpoint main book:

Solicitations for our May books break Monday, which means we can provide another big peek behind the curtain: the solicitation for FLASHPOINT issue 1.

FLASHPOINT #1 Written by GEOFF JOHNS Art and cover by ANDY KUBERT 1:25

Variant cover A by ANDY KUBERT

Variant cover B by IVAN REIS and GEORGE PEREZ

Everything You Know Will Change in a Flash! Not a dream, not an imaginary story, not an elseworld. This is a Flash Fact: When Barry Allen wakes at his desk, he discovers the world has changed. Family is alive, loved ones are strangers, and close friends are different, gone or worse. It’s a world on the brink of a cataclysmic war – but where are Earth’s Greatest Heroes to stop it? It’s a place where America’s last hope is Cyborg, who hopes to gather the forces of the Outsider, the Secret 7, S!H!A!Z!A!M!, Citizen Cold and other new and familiar-yet-altered faces. It’s a world that could be running out of time, if The Flash can’t find the villain who altered the time line! Welcome to FLASHPOINT!

On sale MAY 11 = 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US = Rated T The five issues of the core FLASHPOINT series are oversized, 40 page books priced at $3.99 each, while the other mini series and the one shots will be priced at $2.99. A lot of planning has gone into place to make sure that this series delivers on all of it’s earth shattering potential. It is a project as ambitious in scope and execution as anything I’ve been a part of in my six years at DC Comics. It bears repeating: Everything You Know Will Change in a Flash!

I think that what happened in Titans will affect Flashpoint, and one of the outcomes of Flashpoint will be:

As Freddy Freeman is no longer Captain Marvel due to Osiris taking his powers, I think Flashpoint will have Billy and Mary be heroes again, with Freddy Freeman being Captain Marvel Jr again. Which would explain why Billy Batson was cancelled. And we would get a new Shazam series in the main DCU

Well, I can hope.

• 3 weeks later...

FLASHPOINT: WORLD OF FLASHPOINT

Covers: Shane Davis

Writer: Rex Ogle

Art: Paulo Siquiera

FLASHPOINT: HAL JORDAN

Covers: Rags Morales

Writer: Adam Schlagman

Art: Ben Oliver

FLASHPOINT: EMPEROR AQUAMAN

Covers: Ardian Syaf & Vicente Cifuentes

Writer: Tony Bedard

Art: Ardian Syaf & Vicente Cifuentes

Edited by SuaveStar

FLASHPOINT: LEGION OF DOOM

Covers: Miguel Sepulveda

Writer: Adam Glass

Art: Rodeny Buchemi & Jose Marzan

I think that's all the reveals done. I think the one that shocks me is that Geoff Johns isn't writing the Hal Jordan issues, and leaving it to the Green Lantern Co-Editor to write it. I know they have to go with what he sets up, and Johns will likely be writing the Abin Sur: Green Lantern series that's being rumoured, but still. I didn't expect that.

Also, I wish Scott Kolins would do his classic sketchier style for Captain Cold and not that weird new painted look he has been using for the past few years.