Episode 60

RSS

In "Destiny of the Daleks," the Daleks seek to resurrect Davros in an attempt to gain a tactical advantage over the Movellans. And in "City of Death," the Time Lords visit contemporary Paris and stumble upon an alien's plan to send the entire planet back through time. [ 1:24:43 || 40.8 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/biggerontheinside/episodes/bigger_060.mp3

Oh, I forgot one of my favorite lines: After having the entire plot explained to him, after seeing everything he's seen, after being taken back 400 million years in time and being witness to the event that began the creation of all life on Earth, Duggan looks at the Jagaroth's craft and says "That's a spaceship!" like he's just cracked the case. Love it.

Oh, I forgot one of my favorite lines: After having the entire plot explained to him, after seeing everything he's seen, after being taken back 400 million years in time and being witness to the event that began the creation of all life on Earth, Duggan looks at the Jagaroth's craft and says "That's a spaceship!" like he's just cracked the case. Love it.

He's so awesome!

I believe he referred to the City of Death script as "practically perfect." I can't recall if he added "in every way."

I've never seen Mary Poppins, so the references will go over my head.

I think the reason Romana was lying to the daleks when she said she didn't know about them. She was trying to convey she wasn't a threat otherwise they probably would have shot her dead right there. At this point in their history, the Daleks have probably dealt with the Doctor before so they know something about Timelords and vice-versa.

I've never seen Mary Poppins, so the references will go over my head.

You've never seen Mary Poppins??!!??

Go find a copy right now and add Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (and probably Bedknobs & Broomsticks) and just for the hell of it :)

Dick Van Dyke's cockney accent has to be heard to be believed!

I find Mary Poppins to be a tad overrated in that a lot of scenes drag/are tedious. But I love Dick van Dyke attempting a cockney accent - I find Londoners to be generally insufferable so I actually prefer an American doing a bad impersonation to the real thing. David Tomlinson (Mr Banks) is awesome though, and his awesomeness shines through in Bedknobs & Broomsticks and The Love Bug.

On topic: Julian Glover was the big bad of For Your Eyes Only and I can fully believe he made an excellent Who villain. Also, I haven't seen Destiny of the Daleks, but could the Romana generation be a physical interpretation of the 2nd Doctor choosing his next form at the end of The War Machines?

I find Mary Poppins to be a tad overrated in that a lot of scenes drag/are tedious. But I love Dick van Dyke attempting a cockney accent - I find Londoners to be generally insufferable so I actually prefer an American doing a bad impersonation to the real thing. David Tomlinson (Mr Banks) is awesome though, and his awesomeness shines through in Bedknobs & Broomsticks and The Love Bug.

On topic: Julian Glover was the big bad of For Your Eyes Only and I can fully believe he made an excellent Who villain. Also, I haven't seen Destiny of the Daleks, but could the Romana generation be a physical interpretation of the 2nd Doctor choosing his next form at the end of The War Machines?

I love Mary Poppins, genuinely one of my favourite films...David Tomlinson is really awesome.

Julian Glover was also awesome as the villain in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (my fave in the series)

I love Mary Poppins, genuinely one of my favourite films...David Tomlinson is really awesome.

Julian Glover was also awesome as the villain in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (my fave in the series)

He was also General Veers in The Empire Strikes Back. Not that he does a whole lot, but just seeing him in an Imperial uniform is seven different kinds of awesome.