Will you actually buy FiF 11 for 100 bucks?!?!

Mr. Keith

100 bucks to take Final Fantasy Online. You willing?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, it's packed with the HDD.

At first I was adamant about not buying this load of crap. But now that we're closer to the launch date, I'm having second thoughts. I really, really want to play this game, and I guess the first two months are free. I'll beat it by then.

I'm unsure, still doubtful.

drq

fuck 100 bucks, the hdd can lick me, thats why i have a computer.  just by FF CC, a GBA, link cable, and 3 friends, much cheeper

Dude, you have to have three GBAs to play that game (or three friends who each have one).

Game: $50

GBA: $60e (SP $100e) x3 = $180 (SP $300)

Link Cable: $10e x3 = $30

Total: between $260 and $380

• 2 weeks later...

I could really care less about FFXI because I'm sure they'll assrape us in monthly fees for it and I'm not one to play an RPG day in and day out, But I do want the HDD. I'm betting future games will rely on this heavily for updates (possibly new RE: Outbreak expansions?) or add-ons (imagine having a future Smackdown game where you could download Official add-in wrestlers or vintage theme music/entrances for an access fee). I think games will get that much sweeter now that the HDD is in play.

I bit the bullet and bought this last night, since I'll be leaving Circuit City and wanted to get it while I still had an employee discount.

Easy hardware installation, but actually getting all the drivers installed and the software updated took a couple hours. Didn't help that my router spontaneously decided to quit working for about ten minutes in the middle of the process.

FF11 is... odd. It doesn't feel like a Final Fantasy, there's too much to keep up with. I was fortunate enough to find somebody running around in the first village that helped me gain my bearings and figure out what I should be doing, but it's on the whole a really overwhelming experience at first glance. The character customization isn't nearly what I was expecting, but the game itself seems OK. Like I said, it doesn't feel like a Square game, more like Diablo meets Everquest. I'll be trying my damndest to get addicted to this over the next couple days. Failing that, at least I have a hard drive for the PS2 now.

Though FF11 comes pre-installed on it, in its entirety. They give you a game disc, but I've yet to use it. Basically, it proclaims this is a revolutionary, ass-kickin', 40GB hard drive (which really isn't all that impressive, honestly), but when you plug it in, you realize system files are eating 2 gigs of it, and FF11 takes up close to 10GB. So you're really buying a 28 gig HDD.

drq

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

holy man if your plan on paying a hundred dollars for the game consider the facts

ps2-130-300$

hard drive-80$ give or take

game-100$

total- 310-480$

while if you get it for computer considering you have one it would only cost 85$ and if you dont have a computer you could get an ok one at a local shop for 80-150$ so after you consider this it is allot easier to just get th computer version but i wouldnt mind it for ps2 if it was cheaper

• 2 weeks later...
holy man if your plan on paying a hundred dollars for the game consider the facts

ps2-130-300$

hard drive-80$ give or take

game-100$

total- 310-480$

while if you get it for computer considering you have one it would only cost 85$ and if you dont have a computer you could get an ok one at a local shop for 80-150$ so after you consider this it is allot easier to just get th computer version but i wouldnt mind it for ps2 if it was cheaper

The game comes pre-installed on the HDD. The PS2 is $149. The Hard Drive is $80-90 now, depending on where you go for it.

So a total of $239 at worst. But no, it's not even worth that. THANKS FOR SUPPORTING THIS PERIPHERAL, SONY!