Episode 18: Highlander II - The Quickening

RSS

Cherish the day that the Tirades return with everything you've come to expect from the show: Sade references, Atari bartering, and exploding model planes. James and Damien tackle Highlander II: The Quickening, a movie so incomprehensibly flawed that it has become synonymous with horrible cinema. So hang on to your love, because this movie proves it's never as good as the first time. [ 1:48:22 || 52.4 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/tranquiltirades/episodes/tranquiltirades_018.mp3

good review of a film that was one of my least liked for a long time :) Well it was until i saw Highlander:the Source which (apart from the benny hilling) i found so awful it helped me sort of enjoy number 2 (yes i am strange) though not to the extent i am in any rush to put it on

The Quickening can be considered a Wayans style spoof on sci fi in the same sense as The Room is a black comedy. That is to say its entirely unintentional but pretty accurate.

btw I've bought many a suit of clothes for a pearl earring before,

its a tradition over here.

The wiki entry on Bonesaw was hilarious.

• 1 year later...