Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When writing an article, would you put university as a capital or not? For example, I'm writing about Strathclyde University,I'd normally put, Strathclyde University, but what about with this sentence.

The student would apply for the study visa when they accept the offer to study at a university

Would it be lower case, or capital? I think it'd be lower case, as I'm not talking about an actual place. But I'm not too sure.

When writing an article, would you put university as a capital or not? For example, I'm writing about Strathclyde University,I'd normally put, Strathclyde University, but what about with this sentence.

The student would apply for the study visa when they accept the offer to study at a university

Would it be lower case, or capital? I think it'd be lower case, as I'm not talking about an actual place. But I'm not too sure.

Lower case. In the example sentence, you're referring to 'a university' so in this context, it's refering to any university. Now, if in a previous sentence, you mention 'Strathclyde University' then the sentence was 'The student would apply for the study visa when they accept the offer to study at the University' then you capitalize it since you're still referring to a particular university as opposed to "a university"

Lower case. In the example sentence, you're referring to 'a university' so in this context, it's refering to any university. Now, if in a previous sentence, you mention 'Strathclyde University' then the sentence was 'The student would apply for the study visa when they accept the offer to study at the University' then you capitalize it since you're still referring to a particular university as opposed to "a university"

Great, thanks Will!

Well, I was bored in a class today, so I made up a to do list for what I feel I have to do for my classes for next monday. Marking on here, so that I can look back, score things up and keep on track with it.

1. Finish international article

2. Finish feature article for PR project

3. Write radio script

4. Record radio jingle

5. Record radio sweeper

6. Write article on stand up comedy classes in Glasgow

7. Watch daybreakers

8 Record daybreaker thoughts

9. Start work on video project

I finished it! I remembered I said it'd be a 1000 words. So when I was panicking for stuff to write, all I really had to add was a finishing paragraph. Also, I relied on a minimum amount of quotes for the article, which was what I was asked to do by my lecturer.

And that's PR feature finished!

Sweeper is shit, but it's done!

My article on stand up comedy, I don't know what to add to it, so I'm just handing in the draft I'd already done.

Right, I'm taking a break for a few hours from the work for a few hours.

Edited by suavestar

For lunch today I went to Burger King and ordered a plain double cheeseburger. The guy at the counter asked if I meant a double hamburger with cheese. I replied "... Sure, yeah." When I then ordered my beverage, a water bottle, he said "We're out of those, but we have bottled water." People are dumb.

I am prepared to be hunted down,scalped ,and have my pelt be Niki's new rug, but I have never seen a single episode of 30 Rock. What's its premise?

Tina Fey has the best job in the world (not really) and is headwriter for an SNL style show. Tracey Morgan is a film star that the new Exec (Alec Baldwin) forces onto the show and Jane Krakowski is the former star, kinda mad about having to share the spotlight. It's kinda like Arrested Development in that Tina Fey's character is the sane one in a house of nutters but Tina is as insane as the others half the time.

ok, this board is weird about what it shows and when. It shows up on the new comments posted list, but when I click on it it is actually showing stuff from pages back because it shows the post starting from when the last time I looked at it. I forget and comment to something 3 pages ago, which is why I edited it and made this rant which is really just to cover up the post that would make no sense.