Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure!

-Enemy Ace!

-Is that villain Orion inspired...with a Kirby Krackle helmet?

-Aquaman Jr. is a 90s kid. Straight up.

-"Wait a minute...you're fighting henchmen aren't you?"

-Arrow Signal!

-Superfriends inspired title cards!

-"Really...you don't want to see the power of Uranus."

-The Top!

-"We'll call it...The Time My Dad Saved The World Again!" "That's my boy."

Yeah, it was outrageously awesome.

An upcoming teaser segment on Cartoon Network's Batman: The Brave and the Bold will be based off one of the most talked-about comic-book covers in Batman's history, The Continuum learned.

The teaser for "The Reign of Emperor Joker!" will originate from the cover of Detective Comics #241. The March, 1957 issue featured "The Rainbow Batman!"

"The idea was to take one of the most infamous Batman covers and turn it in to a compelling teaser," co-producer/story editor Michael Jelenic told The Continuum. "We begin with the cover's image and dialogue, but from there it¹s mostly an original take with nods to other 'out there' Batman covers."

The original comics story had Batman donning different colored costumes to take attention away from Robin, who had hurt his arm rescuing a little girl. It has been described as one of the most ridiculous stories in Batman lore.

"The Reign of Emperor Joker!" will feature the return of Bat-mite. The episode, written by Steve Melching, has not been scheduled yet.

Source

An upcoming teaser segment on Cartoon Network's Batman: The Brave and the Bold will be based off one of the most talked-about comic-book covers in Batman's history, The Continuum learned.

The teaser for "The Reign of Emperor Joker!" will originate from the cover of Detective Comics #241. The March, 1957 issue featured "The Rainbow Batman!"

"The idea was to take one of the most infamous Batman covers and turn it in to a compelling teaser," co-producer/story editor Michael Jelenic told The Continuum. "We begin with the cover's image and dialogue, but from there it¹s mostly an original take with nods to other 'out there' Batman covers."

The original comics story had Batman donning different colored costumes to take attention away from Robin, who had hurt his arm rescuing a little girl. It has been described as one of the most ridiculous stories in Batman lore.

"The Reign of Emperor Joker!" will feature the return of Bat-mite. The episode, written by Steve Melching, has not been scheduled yet.

Source

Emperor Joker is one of my favorite Joker stories so it already has me there but then they add in Rainbow Batman. I am ecstatic.

The Golden Age of Justice!

-Detective Chimp!

-False Face!

-Golden Age JSA in WW II!

-Per Degaton!

-Golden Age Batman costume!

-Another heroic death!

-BTAS homage in the background!

-The origin of Batman's one-liners!

-Evil robot army!

-Doctor Mid-Nite sounding like Ted Knight!

Another great episode. This week: Teen Titans and Ra's Al Ghul!

Sidekicks Assemble!

Retro Justice League!

Ra's Al Ghul is Batman's most cunning foe and has environmentalism plots!

"Speedy, fetch my bow from that crocodile pit!"

Ra's refers to Batman as Detective!

Robin is hitting on Talia!

Call back to the Teen Titan training mission!

"I think I'll call this adventure, The Time Batman Sent Us To The Wrong Island."

BATMAN AND RA'S AL GHUL SWORD FIGHT!

Cryogenic arrows!

NIGHTWING!

I expected this episode to be good, but it was OUTRAGEOUS! I love this show!

Friday, February 5th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "A Bat Divided!"

A school field trip goes awry when Dr. Double X causes a lab explosion that fuses slacker science teacher Ronnie to his genius pupil Jason, creating the reluctant hero Firestorm...and unbeknownst them, it leaves Batman divided into three parts!

Friday, February 12th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "The Super-Batman of Planet X!"

Batman lands on this distant planet Zurr En Arrh and finds a doppelganger Batman, but more surprisingly, on this planet the Caped Crusader has super powers! Together they battle the mad genius Rhotul, who soon learns Batman's super weakness.

Friday, February 19th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "The Power of Shazam!"

Batman teams with Captain Marvel, the superhero alter ego of the young Billy Batson, to battle Dr. Sivana and Black Adam, who wish to usurp the magic of Shazam that gives Billy his power.

Friday, February 26th, 2010 at 7:30pm (ET) - "Chill of the Night!"

The Spectre and The Phantom Stranger observe Batman as he uncovers the mystery of who killed his parents and travels back in time to team up with his own father.

Source

Best. Month. Of Brave and The Bold. EVER.

Right, my sources have came up for me. I am now watching the last two episodes of Brave and Bold.

Aquaman has no beard!? Turns out it's a flashback, nevermind.

Good episode, makes me wonder what Dick would have said if Batman hadn't have cut him off.

Going to watch the JSA episode later.

Alright, I had to start the JSA one, and I have to say HOURMAN!!!!!!!!

Right, my sources have came up for me. I am now watching the last two episodes of Brave and Bold.

Aquaman has no beard!? Turns out it's a flashback, nevermind.

Good episode, makes me wonder what Dick would have said if Batman hadn't have cut him off.

Going to watch the JSA episode later.

Alright, I had to start the JSA one, and I have to say HOURMAN!!!!!!!!

Hells yes! I dug up an old thread the other day about the JSA because they are pretty big right now. Them being on Brave and the Bold, Smallville and such. My dream JSA team would have Alan Scott and Jay Garrick as leaders, and consist of Blue Beetle, Question, Speedy, Red Robin, Ion, Wildcat, Gaurdian, Doctor Mid-Nite, Hawkman, Doctor Fate, Crimson Avenger, Phantom Stranger and HOUR-MAN!!!