Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henry Rollins is providing the voice of Robotman in the next season of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, The Continuum has learned.

Robotman will appear along with the Doom Patrol in the Cartoon Network series.

Rollins has worked with Warner Bros. Animation before, providing the voice of Johnny Rancid in Teen Titans and Mad Stan in Batman Beyond.

In addition to his musical career, Rollins has numerous acting credits. He most recently has appeared in FX's Sons of Anarchy.

Look for more on Batman: The Brave and the Bold soon here in The Continuum.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0909/17/index.htm

Just watched it myself. Fantastic episode, I'd go so far as to say the best episode the show has produced. There was a chance that the musical numbers could have been really lame, but they were all catchy and fun. The singing was excellent, especially Black Canary. Neil Patrick Harris killed as the Music Meister, though there was no doubt in my mind he would. And for the fifties Batman nerd that I am, I got a B&B whirly-bat. Brilliant, brilliant episode.

Great episode, although a couple of the songs grated a bit. Death Trap n particular was hard to listen to. Of course If Only and The Music Meister more than made up for that misstep.

Is it just me or is Black Canary a bit on the easy side? Not that I object to her hooking up with GA, but she was awfully intent on Bats just seconds earlier.

Bummed by the lack of decent downloads of this though, I really didn't want to watch this through inferior youtube distribution.

I don't believe anyone has brought it up on this thread, but another DVD volume is coming:

cover.jpg

Announce Date: 7/22/09

Street Date: 11/10/09

Closed Captioning:

MSRP: $14.98

Packaging Type: Eco Amaray Case

Subformat: Single Disc

Media Quantity: 1

Disc Configuration: DVD 5

Sound Track Language: English

Run Time: 88 Subtitles:

Aspect Ratio:

Sound Quality:

English (Dolby Stereo 2.0)

Episodes:

Day of the Dark Knight!

Enter the Outsiders!

Dawn of the Dead Man!

Fall of the Blue Beetle!

DVD Features:

Synopsis: Batman isn't going at it alone this time! From Warner Bros. Animation comes the latest interpretation of the classic Batman franchise. Our caped crusader is teamed up with heroes from across the DC Universe, delivering nonstop action and adventure with a touch of comic relief. Blue Beetle, Green Arrow, Aquaman and countless others will get a chance to uphold justice alongside Batman. Though still based in Gotham, Batman will frequently find himself outside city limits, facing situations that are both unfamiliar and exhilarating. With formidable foes around every corner, Batman will still rely on his stealth, resourcefulness and limitless supply of cool gadgets to bring justice home.

Link

Here is the schedule for the coming weeks October 16, 8:30p (E/P): "When OMAC Attacks" October 23, 8:30p (E/P): "The Fate of Equinox" October 30, 8:30p (E/P): "Mayhem of the Music Meister" November 6, 8:30p (E/P): "Inside the Outsiders"

Wait, has "Mayhem of the Music Meister" even aired in America yet?

• 2 weeks later...

picture6dx.jpg

Batman: The Brave And The Bold Volume 3!

This one-disc DVD will be released February 2, 2010.

List Price: $14.97

The DVD will have 5 episodes of Batman The Brave And The Bold, those being:

1. The Journey to the Center of the Bat!

2. The Eyes of Despero!

3. Return of the Fearsome Fangs!

4. Deep Cover for Batman! (Part 1)

5. Deep Cover for Owlman! (Part 2)