Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I just started watching this show a few days ago. Mostly because I found out that Neil Patrick Harris is going to be in the musical episode and I wanted to see what this show was really about before I watched that one.

And holy crap, it is AWESOME. I can't wait for the musical.

• 2 weeks later...

SDCC 09 Panel:

The newest season of Cartoon Networks hit show Batman: The Brave and the Bold was on display Friday morning at Comic-Con International: San Diego, and it was the perfect way to start the second full day of the Con.

The shows creative teams as well as voice stars Diedrich Bader (Batman), John DiMaggio (Aquaman) and James Arnold Taylor (Green Arrow) were on hand to face the crowd, which had a refreshing mix of big and little Fanboys.

After the screening of a clip from The Legend of the Bat-Mite episode that poked fun at the more...ahem... passionate Conventioneers, all the shows crew members in attendance were asked to stand up and get some love from the enthusiastic crowd.

Producer James Tucker said Season Two will have even more familiar faces, including Enemy Ace, GI Robot, Vixen, Firestorm, Metal Men, Doom Patrol, Starro, as well as Captain Marvel and the entire Marvel family.

As for the other two members of DCs Holy Trinity, executive producer Seth Register said they want to have Superman and Wonder Woman on the show. It just depends on working out logistics with DC and Warner Bros.

One special guest star behind the scenes was also revealed.

Julie Newmar, the original Catwoman from the 60s Batman TV show, will voice Martha Wayne in a flashback episode titled Chill of the Night.

The highlight of the panel, though, was the premiere screening of the episode featuring Neil Patrick Harris as The Music Meister. Its a musical episode that has to be seen and heard to be believed.

Whether you like musicals or not, youll appreciate the effort that went into crafting this ingenious, and downright catchy, story. Harris is his typically brilliant self as the Evil Orchestrator, and you havent lived until youve seen Aquaman and Gorilla Grodd two-step, with Black Mantis pirouetting stage left. It certainly struck the right chord with the SDCC audience, which gave the panelists a standing ovation when the final note was hit.

Register said he usually likes to read every script and screen dailies for every episode. But when Tucker and writer Michael Jelenic pitched the idea of a musical episode, he decided to just wait and see how it turned out. He also jokingly answered a fans question by saying the only way the show will ever adapt the Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline was if they could do a musical version.

Before the panel wrapped up, Bader introduced his young kids, who were in the audience dressed up as Moon Knight and Shining Star.

http://www.newsarama.com/tv/070924-SDCC-BraveBold.html

Another bit from Facebook. I know the Martha Wayne casting is true, but if the rest are...I can't put the awesomeness into words.

"Chill of the Night," an upcoming episode, will guest-star familiar voices from Batman's television history! Kevin Conroy as "The Phantom Stranger," Mark Hamill as "The Spectre," Julie Newmar as Martha Wayne, and THE Adam West as Thomas Wayne!

Edit: It's true.

I'm not sure Mark Hamill can pull off the otherworldliness of The Spectre, but the rest of that cast is amazing!

Say what you will about Adam West's way of delivering dialog, in my mind he's always had the perfect fatherly voice. It's firm, filled with wisdom, but has a heart. So I'm totally for his casting.

This weeks episode was good, and showed off Two-Face and how he has to follow the coin really well.

Also the guy who did his voice (James Remar I think) was awesome.

The episode was not bad, but felt like the season finale.

I agree. Loved the teaser, but I was "meh" on the actual episode.

More details from Comic-Con, including the greatest news since Bat-Mite (to me and three other people):

Tucker later told us that the episode would be an adaptation of a comic where Bruce Wayne discovered that his father had also worn a Batman costume at some time in the past, before telling us that the show will also be adapting the Batman of Zur En Arrh comic from the 1950s, but shying away from the revisionist retcon from last year's Batman RIP.