Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, just watched the episode:

Some characters really do best in the short intro sequence than their own episode, Catwoman is one of these.

I really don't like the outsiders here, but Koete is right, better than their intro episode, and where the hell is Wildcat.

Maybe it's because I was pissed off when I watched the episode, I didn't really give it justice, but it was average, except for the last few minutes and felt like the only a dream episode of Justice League.

Psycho Pirate was good, I just wished in retrospect, they would have had Robert Englund play him with his normal voice, as that is a really sinister tone he has.

Ok episode, nothing special, but wasn't just another boring episode, even if Black Lightning is just really annoying and not funny at all.

Some characters really do best in the short intro sequence than their own episode, Catwoman is one of these.

IMO, this was probably the best Catwoman appearance we've gotten in animation to date.

even if Black Lightning is just really annoying and not funny at all.

That was my biggest problem with the episode. I see what they were going for, but it didn't work for me. Katana's bit was good and while his bit was a little cliche, Metamorpho is probably my favorite Outsider.

IMO, this was probably the best Catwoman appearance we've gotten in animation to date.

I agree, Catwoman was awesome here, atleast they made it clear she was a villian, who liked Batman, unlike BTAS where it's back and forth each appearance.

That was my biggest problem with the episode. I see what they were going for, but it didn't work for me. Katana's bit was good and while his bit was a little cliche, Metamorpho is probably my favorite Outsider.

Out of these three, I'd agree again, he was the best, but that's not saying much.

I really want an episode where Plastic Man and Aquaman team up with Batman.

I'm two steps away from getting figures of those two, and doing my own version on youtube.

I'm in the middle of watching The Fate Of Equinox, just one question. In the teaser, is that type of Two-Face based on how he was in the Silver Age, cause I have never seen a Two-face adaptation where he is like that? What I mean is how he like takes the side of Batman if heads wins when he flips the coin, and the voice change between faces. Is that all how he is in the Silver Age? I wouldn't know cause I really haven't read much in the Silver Age. Or did the people who make Batman: The Brave And The Bold just pull a Batman Forever?

I sort of liked the main part of the episode by the way, but I haven't read enough comics too understand it all. I do like the Doctor Fate and Batman team up though. Another question about this episode. Who the hell is Equinox?! Someone told me it was Libra (also don't know who this person is), and that they just did the same thing they did with Vandal Savage (Kru'll the Eternal in this TV series), call the character a different name and change how they look. I don't know about all this.

EDIT: I just found out all about who Equinox is after finishing this episode, but is he based off of any DC Comics characters?

Also in this episode, Fate gives Batman all the powers of all those super heroes, does batman really the powers that Green Arrow has? And why not more powerful super heroes like Captain Atom or Superman. Oh and I know why they can't put those two heroes in this episode, but it still doesn't make any sense, so they might as of well not done this at all.

I'm in the middle of watching The Fate Of Equinox, just one question. In the teaser, is that type of Two-Face based on how he was in the Silver Age, cause I have never seen a Two-face adaptation where he is like that? What I mean is how he like takes the side of Batman if heads wins when he flips the coin, and the voice change between faces. Is that all how he is in the Silver Age? I wouldn't know cause I really haven't read much in the Silver Age. Or did the people who make Batman: The Brave And The Bold just pull a Batman Forever?

Two-Face's design is very Silver Age. The voice change I think was to show his two personalities to the viewer. He took the side of Batman because his goons were going against the coin flip.

I sort of liked the main part of the episode by the way, but I haven't read enough comics too understand it all. I do like the Doctor Fate and Batman team up though. Another question about this episode. Who the hell is Equinox?! Someone told me it was Libra (also don't know who this person is), and that they just did the same thing they did with Vandal Savage (Kru'll the Eternal in this TV series), call the character a different name and change how they look. I don't know about all this.

As far as I know, Equinox was created for the show. His M.O. is very much like that of Libra from the comics.

I dunno, I like to think that Dick and Babs and Tim and Alfred brought him some joy since then.

Those were more like "fun little moments," but he never let himself be completely happy after his parents' death. If he ever did, then he'd probably stop being Batman. (He came close to that in the DCAU episode "Chemistry.")

Yeah, he was never truly allowed to be happy, he couldn't allow it, it would show he was mortal to himself, which if he did would prove that he can be defeated.

Exactly.

In every version of "Bruce's ideal life" (as seen in the DCAU's "Perchance to Dream" and one of the Superman/Batman comic arcs), Thomas and Martha Wayne are still alive.

Also in the man who has everything episode, the robbery does happen, but Thomas Wayne fights Chill off.

Theirs something weird about this show when half the time, the opening is a lot better than the actual episode, it's like when coming up with the episode they plot the opening, high five each other, then someone says "What about the episode?" and Tucker just replys "Oh shove some shite about Equinox in."

Still an awesome show though.

Theirs something weird about this show when half the time, the opening is a lot better than the actual episode, it's like when coming up with the episode they plot the opening, high five each other, then someone says "What about the episode?" and Tucker just replys "Oh shove some shite about Equinox in."

I think it's because the show works great in small snippets.

• 4 weeks later...

61bfji61tclss500.jpg

Batman: The Brave and The Bold Vol. 1 TPB

January 12, 2010

Jumping out of your TV and into your comics comes the highly anticipated new cartoon BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD! Show writer Matt Wayne (Justice League, Ben 10: Alien Force) joins forces with Andy Suriano and Dan Davis to bring you thrilling adventures of the Dark Knight and such friends as Green Arrow, Plastic Man, Captain Marvel, Blue Beetle and Aquaman. In the six thrilling issues included in this collection, Batman tangles with the Time Lord Rip Hunter, saves the worlds children from the Queen of Fables and in a strange twist – becomes President of the United States!

Source

61bfji61tclss500.jpg

Batman: The Brave and The Bold Vol. 1 TPB

January 12, 2010

Jumping out of your TV and into your comics comes the highly anticipated new cartoon BATMAN: THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD! Show writer Matt Wayne (Justice League, Ben 10: Alien Force) joins forces with Andy Suriano and Dan Davis to bring you thrilling adventures of the Dark Knight and such friends as Green Arrow, Plastic Man, Captain Marvel, Blue Beetle and Aquaman. In the six thrilling issues included in this collection, Batman tangles with the Time Lord Rip Hunter, saves the worlds children from the Queen of Fables and in a strange twist – becomes President of the United States!

Source

Totally getting this. I have read one issue and I didn't like it, but people told me it was pretty good, I'm not going to buy the monthly issues though. How much will this trade cost?

why did they have the Golden Age Flash in that one episode? Why not Barry?

They tend to show the more obscure heroes in this show. And besides, Barry is essentially Wally with a different personality; their costumes are basically identical. Also, it's not like they're trying to adhere to any type of canon anyway.