Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Facebook:

Batman: The Brave and the Bold wants fans to know there are only five more episodes left of season one, but they are packed with surprises! Halo, Geo-Force, Captain Marvel, Ambush Bug, OMAC, Swamp Thing, Hourman, the Spectre, Power Girl, Shrapnel, Libra, Pied Piper, Mister Miracle, Big Barda, Oberon, Multiplex, and BUM... BUM... BUM... Klarion the Witch Boy are all new faces you can expect in the final five episodes of season one!

CAPTAIN MARVEL!

4307_78167900834_47496905834_1821385_4777047_n.jpg

I guess that image is funny to some people, but no one ever makes fun of Batman TAS!!! That is my most favorite cartoon ever! I DON'T care how awesome Batman The Brave and the bold is, i don't care if the bat mite episode is the best, I am fine with that comic con scene, but not this image from the scene making fun of BTAS! No mocks of BTAS!

From TVGuide.com:

Neil Patrick Harris Gets Musical With Batman

by Rich Sands June 15, 2009 12:34 PM EST

He’s starred on Broadway, headlined the internet sensation Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog and hosted the Tony Awards. Now Neil Patrick Harris is adding to his musical resume with an appearance on… Batman: The Brave and the Bold? The lighthearted Cartoon Network series recruited the How I Met Your Mother star for a villainous turn as the Music Meister in a Season 2 episode set to air this fall.

“This is a big obnoxious, Broadway-type musical,” jokes Brave and the Bold producer James Tucker, who says Harris is “pitch perfect” in "Mayhem of the Music Meister!" as a former band-camp nerd turned megalomaniac. The Music Meister—an amalgamation of various DC Comics villains—“has the power to create song wherever he goes, and he’s trying to dominate the world,” Tucker says, before pointing out that the episode’s “plot itself is just the framework, an excuse to have everybody sing!” Tucker and producer/story editor Michael Jelenic wrote five original songs for the episode.

Harris—whose Broadway credits include a well-reviewed turn as the Master of Ceremonies in the revival of “Cabaret”—makes the episode “something to contend with, as opposed to just a lark,” Tucker says. “It feels polished because of his vocals. And not just his singing, but his acting as the character, too. He nailed it. I showed him some drawings [of the character] and he got it instantly.”

Warner Bros. Animation will screen "Mayhem of the Music Meister!" during its Brave and the Bold panel at Comic-Con International at the San Diego Convention Center on Friday, July 24, 10am/PT.

I am torn here. One one hand, I will admit to being in love with NPH. On the other, when Batman sings, we either get a moment of awesome with Bats singing "Am I Blue?" or we get "A Cowardly Lot" which, while funny, also just kinda made me cringe a little. If the team-up person is Aquaman, Plastic Man, or Booster Gold. Black Canary might be awesome for this one as well.

4307_78167900834_47496905834_1821385_4777047_n.jpg

I guess that image is funny to some people, but no one ever makes fun of Batman TAS!!! That is my most favorite cartoon ever! I DON'T care how awesome Batman The Brave and the bold is, i don't care if the bat mite episode is the best, I am fine with that comic con scene, but not this image from the scene making fun of BTAS! No mocks of BTAS!

Relax.

Batman stood on a rooftop with lightning in the sky long before BTAS came around. Don't blow it out of proportion. BTAS just did what B&tB is doing: homage.

That episode was written by Paul Dini, who was a major part of BTAS. If anything, he was parodying himself. I mean, the Comic-Con scene even has him and Timm dressed as Harley and Joker.