Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

Guest DCAUFan1051

no I get the point but the fact that everyone keeps saying the excuse that the show is silver aged based is like the thing in the DCAU where every phone/computer whatever exploding when you just touch it.

But my friend's point and my point is that there'd be no way that what Batman did would have allowed the Earth to still exist.

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, I'm pretty sure that if we're going for realism, Batman would be wearing a straightjacket in Arkham by now.

EDIT: And I watched Tom and Jerry, then I went and dropped an anvil on my cat. Guess what, he didn't get up and walk around all bouncy, making accordion noises.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Exactly, I'm pretty sure that if we're going for realism, Batman would be wearing a straightjacket in Arkham by now.

EDIT: And I watched Tom and Jerry, then I went and dropped an anvil on my cat. Guess what, he didn't get up and walk around all bouncy, making accordion noises.

this is the last I'm gonna say on the subject...... the point is regardless of what age it is most cartoons that depict something happening to Earth like the sun being pulled closer to the earth or the moon being fucking transported through the galaxy something devastating would happen to earth. So basically they just pulled the moon away even for 2 seconds it would still have an effect on the fucking planet. As far as saying oooh it's the silver age.... that's like me always comparing this cartoon to the DCAU.

So basically they just pulled the moon away even for 2 seconds it would still have an effect on the fucking planet. As far as saying oooh it's the silver age.... that's like me always comparing this cartoon to the DCAU.

To be fair, who's to say it didn't have an effect? We didn't see it but maybe when they got home Aquaman realized his kingdom got bigger.

You don't complain about the fact that there are giant robots who happen to turn into cars in the Transformers, don't complain about wonky kid cartoon physics.

that's like me always comparing this cartoon to the DCAU.

No, it's not at all, because this cartoon is based on the Silver Age of comics. There's a relation there. There is no relation to the DCAU, other than different iterations of some of the same characters. The show intentionally connects to the Silver Age, and is intentionally different than the DCAU.

Guest DCAUFan1051
[You don't complain about the fact that there are giant robots who happen to turn into cars in the Transformers, don't complain about wonky kid cartoon physics.

actually I do... there are tons of stuff that the transformers do in the cartoon on earth that make no sense. One of the biggest is that powerflide rides a merry go around in an episode.

Bottom line is: I think this is a show that, for the main part, is exclusively for kids and comic book fans. Long time readers of comics appreciate the nuances employed and less obvious character inclusions (two episodes with the Demon and still no sign of actual Batman Rogues other than the Joker) and kids appreciate its awesomeness, as do us old-timers.

Bitch and moan all you like about the physics of it but you might as well bitch and moan about the physics of any other fantasy medium. This is a world where people can fly and arrows with boxing gloves on the end of them don't immediately fall to the ground. Suspend your disbelief for two seconds and enjoy it. Or don't. But quit complaining about it if it just isn't your cup of tea.

It's getting old.

Bottom line is: I think this is a show that, for the main part, is exclusively for kids and comic book fans.

In that order is the way I see it.

Can everyone stop bitching about this show and just enjoy it, or not enjoy it if that's the case, I don't know about anyone else but I'm getting sick of this thread being about everything but the show in general and not who the market is, how the shows physics work or how the show fits into things, its a fun show and kids and myself, don't give a shit and just like to enjoy it for what it is, mindless fun. Also if you want to look into it, their is tons to say to kids "Hey if you like Aquaman over here, try him over there..."

Outrageous.

Well, I'm not sure you'd have to worry too much about the ecological system when the entire ocean rips your shit up. Gravity would be fucked. methinks anyway. I got a chuckle out of them doing that.

Although I like that the person venting didn't have a problem with something so technologically advanced and powerful could be solar-powered and then shut off immediately after the sunlight stops hitting it. I had more of a problem with that.

I'm laughing at myself for accepting super heroes, giant solar powered death ray, and teleporting across the universe on a ray beam, but pull the moon from the earth... you sir have gone too far! LOL Yeah I agree there should of been some sort of delay from the solar eclispe to the death ray shut down. Unless there flying a giant magnifying glass!

The Batman: The Brave and The Bold page on Facebook is reporting that

Paul Reubens

will be voicing Bat-Mite. I'm taking it with a grain of salt since it's coming from Facebook, but if it is true, I'm not sure how I feel about that casting.

Looks like it's legit:

It sure does sound like the show is turning into something. One future episode will feature the latest incarnation of Bat-Mite, with Paul Ruebens voicing the role.

“He’s hilarious,” says Bader. “He’s so perfect as Bat-Mite. The fanboys of the show are just going to go out of their minds because we mess with reality in a way that just hasn’t been seen on our show. Both the script and the animation goes completely out there.”

According to informed sources, this episode features many other appearances by major players in the DC Animated Universe. As to who? The joke’s too good to waste. Suffice that they are names you will automatically recognize though.

Partial Interview With Diedrich Bader

I thought briefly about the whole moon thing, but then I reminded myself that this was the Silver Age. Gravity and the laws of physics need not apply. xD Plus, y'know, they'll put it back when they're done with it.

Need to watch this Friday's episode yet. Can people give me a basic impression?

• 3 weeks later...