Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Missy

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. Hamill's voice is excellent for the darker BTAS Joker, but for the light hearted, Silver Age-esque Joker of Batman: The Brave and The Bold, you need a different Joker voice.

I thought the voice selected for the red hood was excellent, Dark with a hint of maddnes. Suits the character well.

Oh and on the batmobile toy:

Sweet Jesus! That thing is fucking awesome!

It looks like we're all starting to attack DCAU so let me try and settle this:

Mike Mark Hamills Joker for the character he was playing and he will be great in the new game, but he was playing a homicidal maniac, this show is geared more towards kids, not people like you and me and others on this fourm who grew up with Hamill.

Also, if you remember in the episode of TNBA they have a different voice actor for the joker for the 50's style adventure, which is what the Brave and the bold is going for.

At the end of the day BTAS Joker would kill batman with a gun if he got bored, Brave and the bold and Silver age Joker would rather make Batman laugh and see that Batman actually acknowledges him as his greatest foe rather than kill him.

The Jokers are different for different times, and though Hamill was awesome for what he did in BTAS I'm looking forward to what the new guy brings to the table.

It's personal choice and different mediums and different styles, which is why Ledgers joker, romeros joker, Nicholsons joker and hamills joker can all be said to be the real joker as he has been potrayed so many different ways and in so many different mediums that no interpretation of the Joker is wrong.

I may have gone off on a total tangent there, I hope that made sense.

What I'm trying to say is, different jokers worked for different shows and different styles of batman(Except Bob Marley Joker) and this is just a differnet interpretation.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm taking either side, as all I want to do is try and have this subject dropped and go back to what's important.

This show is great as it is introducing me to characters I had never heard of, or never cared for. Take Aquaman, to me he was always bland but now he is fucking awesome. Gentlemen Ghost meant nothing to me two months ago, now I think he is made of awesome.

I found this great site to where I can watch the first 3 Seasons of The Incredible Hulk, all the Batman:TBATB episodes, Static Shock, Teen Titans(ughh)and Zeta Project. I've already seen all the webtoons for Lobo and Gotham Girls, will not go through that again, lol. Even a websites with EVERY episode of The Simpsons, let the podcast be made, lol

Summaries for the next two episodes after "Game Over For Owlman" have shown up:

Season 1, Ep 14: Mystery in Space!: On his birthday, Aquaman accompanies Batman to the planet Rann to aid space hero Adam Strange.

Season 1, Ep 15: Trials of the Demon!: The Batman must travel to 19th century London to help Jason Blood, the alter-ego of Etrigan, when he's framed for a series of crimes committed by the Gentleman Ghost.

Guest DCAUFan1051

OK I've only seen the Question in Justice League so when I say I'd like to have Jeffery Combs reprise the voice I swear I'm not comparing the DCAU to this. Combs did an excellent job as The Question and would do so again. He has that conspiracy believable voice for the character and he rambles well too.

Also: I understand that you don't know/care about comic continuity, but by having one frame of reference, and sticking to it, even when other people have informed you that there's more out there, you're being intentionally ignorant of some truly amazing stuff. The DCAU is a great gateway to these characters, but it's hardly the be all and end all.