Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still think BTAS is the gold standard. BATB is brilliant, but it's practically in whole other genre. It's fun in the moment, but rarely does it actually affect me in any lasting way. I would trade all of BATB for "Heart of Ice," "Robin's Reckoning," and Mask of the Phantasm.

Yeah, what Hannah said, Chill of the Night has the best/darkest moment in any Batman cartoon.

I still think BTAS is the gold standard. BATB is brilliant, but it's practically in whole other genre. It's fun in the moment, but rarely does it actually affect me in any lasting way. I would trade all of BATB for "Heart of Ice," "Robin's Reckoning," and Mask of the Phantasm.

Yeah, what Hannah said, Chill of the Night has the best/darkest moment in any Batman cartoon.

I like Chill of the Night, and I'd put it up with some of the better BTAS episodes. But that's probably the only one. And I still prefer the best of BTAS over it, mostly because I think BATB's style contrasts a little too heavily with the drama. Diedrich Bader's dark/angry Batman voice in that episode sounds like someone doing a comedy parody of a drama.

Gonna agree with Des here. It makes me sad that it got canceled when it did considering that, in the span of two seasons, it built an entire fleshed out universe, had fun doing it, and wasn't afraid of pulling punches. Hell, they did drama while it now feeling horribly shoe-horned in. Plus, season three would have been the Apokolips plotline that they had been hinting at since season 1.

I'm sorry but Young Justice was not a good show. The animation was bland, the voice acting dull, and the writing convoluted. The kids never acted like real kids and the dialogue was terrible. I tried to get into the show, I really did, but it bored me to tears. The Young Justice thread may suggest I was hot and cold on the show but really but really in hindsight it is completely forgettable. By far Weisman's weakest project.

I found Young Justice incredibly pretentious, with unearned drama and a continuity that was given more importance than its characters. Sure, a complex and well-thought-out mythology is great, but if none of the characters are genuinely emotionally captivating, then what does it matter?

The animation and overall production quality were stellar, though. Almost on-par with some of the DCU movies.

Young Justice had a lot of potential near the start with the varying dynamics between the sidekicks and the main heroes, and by and large I thought it a good quality show but it lacked the standout episodes of it's DC predecessors. It didn't say much about the burden of young heroes that Brave and the Bold didn't cover with this gag-

Change who you are so the jock will like you.

Treat the popular chick like shit and she'll sleep with you.

Make the nerd do all the work.

Pretend you all grew as human beings.

Simple Minds song.