Random movie and tv thoughts

JackFetch

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Outside of being pretty hot, she is pretty funny also. Just remember, Drew Carey never did much on the original American Who's Line anyway. Why should this be any different?

I hope it's more like the British version, than the American one.

Here's something people will struggle to believe: I've watched next to no British "Whose Line" at all. But I love the US version - the show with Richard Simmons is a particular favourite!

Here's something people will struggle to believe: I've watched next to no British "Whose Line" at all. But I love the US version - the show with Richard Simmons is a particular favourite!

The thing I really hated about the US version, was how unfunny Drew Carey was in the final skits. I never really "Got" his charm.

Carey can be funny, but he is terrible at improv. Improv is a hellishly difficult skill that takes years to learn, and he just kinda decided to do it one day. I used to love the UK version, and the US version was also great until he forced himself onstage.

Slowly but surely Paul Thomas Anderson is becoming one of my favorite directors. All his films are masterpieces, and god I love the scores of his last two films. Jonny Greenwood's scores are all very expressionistic, they dont sound pleasing at all and they make you feel very uncomfortable.

Check out The Master and There Will Be Blood if you haven't already.

Yeah...but for some films, the further away from VHS you get, the less in their element they are. Repo Man might be one of those. Plus there really isn't a difference in the DVD and Blu besides the Blu having monaural sound which won't even register a difference on my surround system.

My absolute favourite of all Shakespeare's plays. I must have seen it about 10 different productions so far, including last year with Catherine Tate and David Tennant as Beatrice and Benedict. I was already attempting to sell vital organs to see a production of it here in London later in the year with Vanessa Redgrave and James Earl Jones in the roles.

Now I think I will donate the rest to see this version. Wonder who Nathan Fillion is playing?