Avengers: Age of Ultron

Koete

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really glad they said that so I don't have to sit through 15 minutes of credits. I saw Bleeding Cool say something about "not trying to outdo schwarma" as if that's anything but the worst after credit sequence in the entire run. I'm pretty sure they weren't being sarcastic.

I like the shawarma scene more than just about any of the other post-credits scenes, and I'm pretty sure it's the fan favorite as well. It worked super-well because it played against every other Marvel post-credits scene. A super-pretentious tease for the next movie? Nah. Just a completely random/useless shot of the greatest superheroes on Earth eating cheesy meat burritos.

it was pointless because it was the second post-credits scene. The other one was the big tease. I can only imagine how much it cost to get everyone together in costume, make up a set, film it and post it, and insert it into an already finished and released movie that was playing all over the world. It's the equivalent of adding a patch two days after a GTA game is released that adds one dick joke.

I think Thor: The Dark World is probably the worst for putting the end of the movie after the credits.

Abso-friggin-lutely. The post-credits scene shouldn't be required viewing for the movie itself. But then again, that might have been a last-minute reshoot. Natalie Portman wasn't even on set for that; the girl Hemsworth is kissing is his own wife wearing a wig. Which is probably why it's the best kiss Thor and Jane have ever had.

Oh, I misunderstood what was being said. I can't agree at all with Thor 2 being the worst. (Or Iron Man 3) It lacked a sense of character importance beyond the Loki stuff and Frigga's death, but it was still good for what it was. Iron Man 2 and Thor 1 didn't even do what they were trying to do properly.

But can we all agree that The Winter Soldier is the best, at least?

I know someone who genuinely thinks Winter Soldier is a terrible movie. And that Scarlett Johansen is awful as Black Widow.

Takes all kinds.

More miscast/overpowered/poorly written than actually "awful" says I.

And whilst it's been a year since I last saw Winter Soldier, I came away thinking the last 30 minutes kinda lost its way. Would definitely put Guardians over it.

And as for K-Dubs's diatribe against Thor....it makes me a sad panda.

I like Thor 2 and Iron Man 2. They're not the best movies ever, but somewhere along the line people think that gives them allowance to yell "THESE MOVIES ARE SHIT!!!" I think Thor 2 is certainly the most throwaway save for the ending scene with Loki. But it's perfectly decent.

Iron Man 3 ticks me off the most, but I believe that's an overall minority opinion. Winter Solider's the best for me. Guardians was fun but not the end-all, be-all.