Anime Week suggestions

James D.

This is purely tentative, but when we do the Anime Versus Tourney, we're going to do an Anime Week. Now, I still have no idea when we're going to be able to do this, but I'd like some thoughts on what we could do for an Anime Week that could be posted on the mainpage.

For the first day, I'll have an anime primer to kind of introduce people to the genre and tell how it all started and what some of the popular anime vocabulary words mean. That's a definite.

I'm also going to have a new anime music video for you all for another day that week. :OMG:

We'll probably do some reviews of anime shows, too. But what else could we do? I need suggestions.

I'd be down to write about Naruto, it's my favorite series at the moment.

Actually expanding on that, if there was enough interest I think a gorup "favorite anime" column would be a good idea. If not I'll just take the three layers of dust on my proposed Escafllowne review (and Skyre, if you want to try this again, I'm game)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, to get this thing moving on, I'm just going to list all of the characters I need bios for. I didn't really want to do this, but I have no choice:

Heroes/Anti-heroes:

Son Goku (DBZ)

Inuyasha

Kenshin Himura (Samurai X)

Motoko Kusanagi (GitS: SAC)

D (Vampire Hunter D)

Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Astro Boy

Van Fanel (Escaflowne)

Parn (Record of the Lodoss War)

Ginrei (Giant Robo)

Naruto Uzumaki

Prince Ashitaka (Princess Mononoke)

Yusuke Urameshi (Yu-Yu Hakusho)

Nicholas D. Wolfwood (Trigun)

Kurosaki Ichigo (Bleach)

Robin Sena (Witch Hunter Robin)

Lina Inverse (Slayers)

Villains:

Perfect Cell (DBZ)

Vicious (Cowboy Bebop)

Broly (DBZ)

Count Magnus Lee (Vampire Hunter D)

Naraku (Inuyasha)

Lord Gemma (Ninja Scroll)

Ashram (Record of the Lodoss War)

Scar (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Talpa (Ronin Warriors)

The Puppet Master (Ghost in the Shell)

Myotismon (Digimon)

Tabris (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Ozward A. Risker (Guyver: Bio Booster Armor)

Death Phantom/Wiseman (Sailor Moon)

Count Akebu, Agent of Chaos (Final Fantasy Unlimited)

Dilandau Albatou (The Vision of Escaflowne)

Demon Goddess Ifurita (El-Hazard)

Queen Neherenia (Sailor Moon)

Alan Gabriel (The Big O)

If you want to do any of these, post here and get to it.

• 1 month later...

I need to hold this off for a while. I haven't done my primer yet. I haven't done my Dear Friends concert review. I'm still nowhere close to being done with the fighting tourney profiles. It's just too much to do to be ready even within another two weeks. So, let's just put it on the backburner for a while so I can catch up with everything.

I still need to finish my half of our Batman: TAS column, but I'm almost done with the JLU top 10 moments piece. Hopefully, we can get those out pretty soon. We can hold Anime Week off for a while. No biggie.

I'm not sure how many off hand, but it's a lot.

I just thought of a great idea for an Anime Week article. I'll do a review of all the cool stuff I will do at Anime Weekend Atlanta (which starts on Friday). For example, they are having a "Cowboy Bebop Lounge" in one of the ballrooms at the convention center. Basically, it'll be a dance hall with a 1920's-1950's jazz/bebop ambience (and a bar!). All night (it starts at 11:00pm Saturday) they will play music that inspired the show Cowboy Bebop. Artists like Dizzy Gillespie, Miles Davis, Dexter Gordon, Theolonius Monk and more. They encourage people to dress in the old school jazz style. SO...out come my spats, the pinstripe suit, and the feather hat. I'll definitely want to write about that. :yes: