Invincible

TheRetreater

Someone has to be reading this out there.

I just got ish 24 (i guess they box-pulled it from someone since they were out of it the week it came out) and I love it as much as ever.

I started reading it around ish nineteen and ended up going back and buying all the previous trades.

I recommend this to everyone. It is a fresh superhero tale that doesn't read like a superhero tale. And it is by far the most well organized comic i've evah seen.

• 2 months later...

Yeah it definately is. The intro in the trade I got by Kurt Busiek describes it best as put the book down and never read it or you will get sucked into the void that is Robert Kirkman. Invincible itself it an awesome superhero book about a kid whos dad is a superhero and he inherits the same powers and deals with that stuff plus your usual high school troubles. The action isn't really anything overly spectacular but Kirkman's dialogue and awesome characters that really make you feel for them wil get you hooked on this book almost instantly. Also check out Kirkman's work on Walking Dead which I fully recommend to anyone regardless of if you like zombie stories or not.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Invincible + Walking Dead = Perfection. If you want a universe or two that is not complex in terms of numbers of characters, but complex in terms of characters themselves. Robert Kirkman does pretty well in Marvel also (Marvel Zombies :laugh: ), but nothing beats these two. I got back into comics after about 10 years, but as soon as I found these, I was hooked.

One of my favorite superhero comics. Its fresh, funny and yet a lot of the plots have real emotional weight. Ordinarily I'd be very cagey about recommending someone drop a lot of cash on a big hardcover but this is one of those times where I think its worth it. I just don't see how someone couldn't enjoy it, its one of the best superhero books out there right now.

• 5 months later...