Episode 800

RSS

There must be a reason episode 800 of Earth-2.net: The Show is being released on 12 June 2015. There must also be a reason the topic is Logan's Run. And surely there's a reason the three hosts are Dave Probert, Dan Toland, and Michael Sims. But what could that reason be? (Note: Please pardon the slight echo.) [ 2:19:40 || 67.6 MB ]

To listen, click here: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_800.mp3

.......one thing's for sure. Dave's definitely getting it in the neck when we next record. I don't care what was said at the end of the podcast as a counter-balance, or the very nice tweet he sent to me on the day itself - he was complicit in all of this, and that cannot be overlooked.

Well done, Mike, Dan, and Steve (or is it Jeff?). I'll have to see the film sometime.

I'm surprised neither of these three things came up when Mike asked about Peter Ustinov, though:

-He voiced Prince John in the Disney version of Robin Hood.

-He has a cameo in The Great Muppet Caper as the truck driver who bumps into Oscar the Grouch. ("I'm here for a cheap cameo!" "Yeah, me too.")

-He was also famous for playing Nero in Quo Vadis, a performance which inspired Hedonismbot on Futurama.

• 4 weeks later...