Merry Christmas!

dc20willsave

Merry Christmas, gang!

Tonight I made Cornish game Hens with a honey and tumeric glaze, green beans with seared pork belly and garlic mashed potatoes for the in laws. Michelle finished the meal with a pumpkin Swiss roll. I'll update with gift highlights later. Off to my family's farm tomorrow!

Merry Christmas everyone! Not my words, forums, but the words of Shakin' Stevens.

We've opened all the presents at Fort Wilson, joined this year for the first time by Pandy's daughter and our sister's boyfriend.

I have tickets to see my favourite band (The Coral), some local ales, a new shirt/tie combo, a lot of Dairy Milk, a framed picture of my niece and some cash. Also, I upgraded my phone a few weeks ago so it FEELS like a present just playing about with it.

Christmas dinner countdown: t-minus 1 hour!

Merry Christmas, kids. I went over to the boyfriends parents for dinner last night, and now we're staggering out of bed to go over for Christmas morning at their place, and then we're coming back here to pass the fuck out for most of the rest of the day.

weve exchanged a few small gifts so far - I got Jim a print of one of his favorite book's covers, and a scifi book by a fantasy authoress he read and liked earlier in the year, and he got me the DEMONBEAR trade. 

We go up to Wisconsin tomorrow morning for my side of the family. Kinda terrified.

Edited by Venneh

Non-denominational seasons greetings here. I'm spending quality Christmas time at my parents home this year. 

Everyone at the House Hurley has already exchanged gifts. My personal favorites include a season pass for Fallout 4 DLC, the Silent Hill 2 soundtrack, the John Wick blu-ray and the Criterion release of Seven Samurai. All in all, pretty good.  

Currently, I'm just hunkered down at home, and waiting for my school to figure out some technical mishaps. Hopefully, I can rest up and have a productive day. 

So, all in all, pretty good day so far. No huge family arguments, feeling pretty good. 

Merry Christmas everybody! Went to my aunt and uncle's place last night and had a fun time. Played some party games, ate some nice food, watched Muppet Christmas Carol and went home 2:30 am.

As far as presents, I got my oldest cousin a copy of the new Gregory Maguire novel After Alice. I got her boyfriend volume 2 of Harvey Birdman. My other cousin got a Gundam kit and volume 1 of Atomic Robo. Meanwhile I got from them a Spidey mug, tickets to a Broadway show, Alien Isolation on PS4, and this magnificent Star Wars poster.

tumblr_nzwmt0Qwc61r6vdj6o1_1280.jpg

You guys. You guys.

Went by over to Jim's family's, had a nice Christmas with them, got out as soon as we could. His family gave me a cute purse, some socks, some stocking type gifts, and a cute tiny plush puppy. Gave him the stamp that I've been threatening to give him that said JIM HEPS APPROVED, and his other two gifts when we got home - Akira vol 6 and the colored Scott Pilgrim vol 1. And I totally blew the lid on his birthday gift but fuck it, I want to bring it here and hang it.

jim got me a chvrches shirt and a fury road blu ray/dvd set. And a Becky cloonan print that is just goddamn beautiful. And a set of the Nausicaa manga from back when Viz was releasing it.

that, you know, STILL HAD THE FUCKING MOEBIUS POSTER IN IT.

Edited by Venneh

that, you know, STILL HAD THE FUCKING MOEBIUS POSTER IN IT.

Nice! 

Merry Christmas, gang! Immediate family Christmas is over, so we'll be heading out soon for Christmas with my mom's side of the family (dad's side couldn't come up this year). So far I've received The Departed and The Great Escape on Blu-ray, $20 in Regal gift cards (which will go toward the annual theater double feature with David O. Russell's latest), an Amazon gift card, several pairs of jeans, shirts, a giant box of K-cups, and, the Christmas mainstay, cash. 

Merry merry, people. We did Christmas here this year, which was present enough for me. On top of that, my parents sent us to Grey Wolf Lodge in a couple days, so I plan to drink copiously and finish my novel while there. I got several bottles of Crown Royal and a Belcat Compressor pedal too. The kids got iDevices and headphones so I haven't heard shit all day. It's amazing.

Final Tally

Star Wars: Battlefront (Wife)

The nerdiest quilt in the land (Wife)

Good Eats: The Early Years, The Official John Wayne Grilling Cookbook, and Street Food (Mother-in-law)

Hawkeye, vol 1-3 by Aja and Fraction (Me/Santa?)

Homemade Kaluha and Irish Cream (My mother)

-------

The boy child was ridiculously spoiled, I'd list his haul, but I don't have all night.

My favourite moment this Christmas was giving my kids a couple Marvel Disney Infinity characters. They have DI 3.0 Star Wars. Marvel 3.0 doesn't come out until the spring, but I grabbed them Rocket Raccoon and Groot, so they opened them and were like "This is nice dad, but we don't have 2.0. These guys won't work on our DI game." I looked upset so they both hugged me and then BOOM! Megan pulls out the Marvel Disney Infinity 2.0 game. I don't fuck around.

I'm pretty sure they're doing Top Chef tryouts again, get on that shit, Preston. 

Ahahahaha so the last few days have been fucking insane. 

Saturday morning, we go up to Wisconsin to go up to my father's extended family Christmas. We have to wait a half hour for my father and his newest gf to show up, and then we pretty much launched straight into the family crazy. We managed to mostly avoid notice due to the many babies that were around, and my grandparents officially like him (and the one aunt/uncle I care about liking him), so we did well enough there. Ride home with my sister's girlfriend was awkward as shit because she was being a hell of a bitch, especially behind her back, which I wasn't that much of a fan of. 

Then we went over to my mom's place, and while it went well enough at first, mom got drunk and the conversation just degenerated into one of the most awkward things I've ever had to be a part of. Slept like shit (and had done so the night before as well), and the next day was the other awkward family gathering, featuring a debate over whether or not we should get my aunt who's had massive anorexia issues and fainted and broke three ribs the other day into an assisted living community. Finally got home around 9:30 last night, think I'm home safe. Nope. I manage to break my boyfriend's key off in his door coming in. 

So yeah, basically the last 48 hours was a tire fire, but still better than I was fearing it would go. 

That said, if anyone needs anyone to watch their house next Christmas, please consider us. 

Jim got The Third Bear, a Target gift card, Rawls' Political Liberalism, and COWL vol 2 from my dad's extended family, a $25 Amazon gift card from my dad, and a $20 Steam gift card and a 12 pack of Spotted Cow to take back with us from my mom. 

My grandma got me a cast iron dutch oven, a thing of pyrex mixing bowls, and my name exchange person got me Jeff Vandermeer's Annhilation and a cute door mat (which I badly needed at the new place). My dad got me a $50 Amazon gift card, a $50 gift card to a local grocery store, and $125 in cash; the new girlfriend got me another $20 gift card to the grocery store. Mom got us her tradiiton of a homemade ornament, new PJs, cute fuzzy socks, a mug with hot chocolate, and a new tradition of coloring books and pencils, a cute comb, and a bath bomb; in addition, she got me the Humans of New York book, a candy thermometer, and a second PS4 controller (co-op here we come motherfuckers!).