Comedians

slothian

Random brainwave on my part as I've recently been going through a few Comedy Central roasts over the past 20 years, which is a mix between comedians and ridiculous celebrities roasting one another.  I was just wondering a) which comedians people were enjoying at the moment, and b) your go-to comedians?

For example, from watching recent BBC satire show The Mash Report, I've become a fan of Rachel Parris (who also happens to be from Leicester) whilst I have a ticket to watch the spoof journalist Jonathan Pie (available on YouTube) perform live in 10 days. As for my favourite, influential comedians of yore, and limiting it to 5 individuals, I'd say Kenny Everitt, Jon Stewart, Rowan Atkinson, Armando Ianucci and Chris Morris. With honourable mentions to the ensembles of the Carry On franchise, Monty Python and Radio 4's I' Sorry I Haven't A Clue.

What about you?

John Mulaney is the only one I've really followed. Love that guy, saw his show in Radio City Music Hall and was just dying the whole time. Probably the person I quote the most, honestly. Of course, there's the Salt and Pepper Diner bit, but he has what I consider funnier material. "Could be a nursery...", One Small Black Coffee, and "Ooh ducklings!" crack me the fuck up.

• 1 month later...