The Flickchart Forum - join in!

slothian

Hopefully you've all had a chance to listen to Episode 1005 and the debut of the Flickchart Forum. Now, to be clear, the idea behind the segment is to have two guests join me per topic, and the guests are to revolve, rather than ALWAYS record with Pandy and Stavros - as fun as that would be.

So as for topics, if you have something you'd like to list and discuss on the Forum (as opposed to forums) then let me know! They can either be franchises, such as the MCU, Robin Hood films, Fast & The Furious movies etc, or the filmographies of directors, or the Top 10 films of specific actors, or some other criteria.

If you'd like to throw your hat into the ring, then do it here!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Professor said:

The filmography of Prince. 

Along the right lines, but a list of 4 is going to make for a very short segment (based on the understanding that Prince has been in 4 movies according to wikipedia).

• 1 month later...

The problem comes when you decide what to cover. Obviously there's the main 8 features (The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets From Space, The Muppets, and Muppets Most Wanted) but then you have two Made-For-TV movies (It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, The Muppets' Wizard of Oz)  two Straight to Video films (Muppet Classic Theater, Kermit's Swamp Years), and then even two Sesame Street films (Follow That Bird, Elmo in Grouchland).

15 hours ago, dc20willsave said:

The problem comes when you decide what to cover. Obviously there's the main 8 features (The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppets From Space, The Muppets, and Muppets Most Wanted) but then you have two Made-For-TV movies (It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, The Muppets' Wizard of Oz)  two Straight to Video films (Muppet Classic Theater, Kermit's Swamp Years), and then even two Sesame Street films (Follow That Bird, Elmo in Grouchland).

Very much something I'd discuss with my guests (i.e. you and the other guest!) - my initial feeling is that the Sesame Street movies would be out as they aren't "Muppet" movies as such, even though there are very obvious crossovers within the two franchises.

"Jim Henson Creature Workshop" films might also have potential.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd suggest Superman as well. If you count Superman and the Mole Men there are quite a bit:

• Superman and the Mole Men
  • Superman
  • Superman II
  • Superman III
  • Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
  • Superman Returns
  • Man of Steel
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

And possibly Supergirl and Justice League.

I have two ideas, with at least one tentatively agreed, to do before going back to a franchise. Superman appeals more in that only the first live action film has been covered on The Show before, but then next year is the 80 year anniversary of Batman's debut, so that one makes more sense.

3 hours ago, The Master said:

I'd suggest Superman as well. If you count Superman and the Mole Men there are quite a bit:

• Superman and the Mole Men
  • Superman
  • Superman II
  • Superman III
  • Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
  • Superman Returns
  • Man of Steel
  • Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

And possibly Supergirl and Justice League.

Justice League definitely because the Snyder flicks are all primarily Superman movies. Supergirl is hot shit is definitely a debate to have because it references the Reeve series all over the place but he's straight-up not in that film.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

The movies of M. Night Shyamalan:

• The Sixth Sense
  • Unbreakable
  • Signs
  • The Village
  • Lady in the Water
  • The Happening
  • The Last Airbender
  • After Earth
  • The Visit