slothian

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Looking for new Forums, people! I feel like the next one should be director-specific, so give me ideas.

NB) Edgar Wright has been mentioned, but he has 7 films proper and the minimum bar is 8 films. I don't want a director with 20+ films, but a happy medium in between would be great.

But non-director ideas would be great too!

I was gonna suggest Paul Verhoeven's American output, but then I realized it's only seven movies. Joel Schumacher's another good choice, but he's 20+ movies.

If you wait a little while, Lana and Lilly Wachowski will have eight movies after The Matrix Resurrections is out. (Half of their movies are Matrix films, however.)

James Cameron gets you to eight, Joe Johnston has nine, John Singleton is nine, Kathryn Bigelow has 10, and Barry Sonnenfeld has 11 (he also did Wild Wild West, so that would be two segments for the price of one movie).

If he’s not too niche and if you’re not opposed to covering films that aren’t in English , I’d suggest Alfonso Cuarón. He’s done exactly eight films thus far and they include a Dickens adaptation, a sex comedy, a Harry Potter movie, a dystopian drama, a survival film in space, and an autobiography of sorts.

Another to consider might be Stanley Kubrick, who did thirteen feature films across several different genres, including sword & sandals, political satire, science fiction, horror, and whatever the hell Eyes Wide Shut was.

On 10/18/2021 at 3:42 PM, slothian said:

Looking for new Forums, people! I feel like the next one should be director-specific, so give me ideas.

NB) Edgar Wright has been mentioned, but he has 7 films proper and the minimum bar is 8 films. I don't want a director with 20+ films, but a happy medium in between would be great.

But non-director ideas would be great too!

Based on this criteria the most sensible and obvious choice of director would be none other than the two-time Fangoria Chainsaw Award winner and 2009 Eyegore Awards recipient of the coveted Filmmaker of the Year award: 

Spoiler

Rob Zombie

Jokes aside, I would second Stanley Kubrick, or Alfonso Cuarón, but I will also add in David Fincher. 

• 7 months later...

Obviously it sounds like a Spider-Man episode it being planned but whenever the Fox X-Men Flickchart Forum happens, I will throw my hat in for that since, well, me! Way I figure, that's 7 films with X-Men in their title (X-Men, X-2, The Last Stand, First Class, Days of Future Past, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix), 3 Wolverine Films (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, The Wolverine, Logan), The New Mutants, and maybe Deadpool and Deadpool 2.

That'd be a very interesting one because the X-Franchise is, I would argue, the most up and down franchise of a comic book property out there. Like, I know the MCU is a meme these days, but like I said to Ian and Chris, I'd argue that none of those movies fall down to actually being bad persay. 

X-Men on the other hand has plenty of bad movies, at least half of them.

Maybe...I'm by no means throwing in my hat for the X-Films, I'm perfectly happy to hear Ian and Will have at it, but personally my favorites are the first two, parts of The Wolverine, parts of Days of Future Past, and Logan on a technical level. Logan alone is one of the most proficiently made CBMs of all time, but still there's a ton of cack in the mix.

Also First Class is overrated IMO, but again that's for the actual potential episode.

I’ll not throwing my hat either in just yet, but if neither Donovan, Mike, nor someone else isn’t chomping at the bit to be the third host, then I’d happy to join you, Ian and Will, as long as it’s after the Spider-Man one (one rewatch at a time).

The X-Men were my gateway to the Marvel universe (via the 90s cartoon) and have been listening to a lot of CEREBRO episodes lately. While I have mixed feelings about the films as a whole, I am due for a rewatch with most of them and still haven’t seen three of them.

On 6/29/2022 at 5:05 PM, You Know Who said:

I’ll not throwing my hat either in just yet, but if neither Donovan, Mike, nor someone else isn’t chomping at the bit to be the third host, then I’d happy to join you, Ian and Will, as long as it’s after the Spider-Man one (one rewatch at a time).

The X-Men were my gateway to the Marvel universe (via the 90s cartoon) and have been listening to a lot of CEREBRO episodes lately. While I have mixed feelings about the films as a whole, I am due for a rewatch with most of them and still haven’t seen three of them.

Duly noted, although it won't be this year.