Captain Marvel

Missy

It looks okay. Marvel already did the "LOL90S!" joke at the beginning of Iron Man 3, so the slow panoramic shot revealing Blockbuster felt like a gag several years too late. And the trailer doesn't exactly explain this takes place in the past beyond that, so she could be fighting in an old antiquities town or something.

I think everything looks good, but the trailer itself is pretty standard. Even the marketing with the "her" in "Hero" feels like it slept through 2017 when Wonder Woman came out. It's not like the Black Panther trailer had "Get ready for some BLACTION" plastered over it or anything. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Regarding the Stan Lee cameo:

Spoiler

First, the intro with all the Stans made me well up so damn hard.

Second, his cameo is a bit odd. He's on the train reading for his part in Mallrats, a movie in which he played himself. A movie in which he speaks about co-creating Spider-Man, The Hulk, Fantastic Four, and X-Men. Forgetting the last two, as they're not presently part of the MCU, you can't think about this cameo too much, otherwise the meta joke folds in on itself. However, me being me, I need to work this out, so: In the MCU, Stan Lee is responsible for co-creating a lot of comic book characters, but not the ones we know. So while there are in-universe Marvel comic books, there are no Spider-Man and Hulk books. So his scene in Mallrats is the same, except he doesn't mention Spider-Man, The Vulture, and The Hulk; he mentions the characters he created for the MCU's version of Marvel Comics, and maybe focuses on the Fantastic Four and X-Men too.

On 3/9/2019 at 7:31 PM, The Master said:

Regarding the Stan Lee cameo:

Hide contents

First, the intro with all the Stans made me well up so damn hard.

Second, his cameo is a bit odd. He's on the train reading for his part in Mallrats, a movie in which he played himself. A movie in which he speaks about co-creating Spider-Man, The Hulk, Fantastic Four, and X-Men. Forgetting the last two, as they're not presently part of the MCU, you can't think about this cameo too much, otherwise the meta joke folds in on itself. However, me being me, I need to work this out, so: In the MCU, Stan Lee is responsible for co-creating a lot of comic book characters, but not the ones we know. So while there are in-universe Marvel comic books, there are no Spider-Man and Hulk books. So his scene in Mallrats is the same, except he doesn't mention Spider-Man, The Vulture, and The Hulk; he mentions the characters he created for the MCU's version of Marvel Comics, and maybe focuses on the Fantastic Four and X-Men too.

Spoiler

Remember, he's a Celestial who pals around with the Watchers!