Worst video game ever

Missy

Which one?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

While I suspect E.T. will take this one, I'm left wondering how many of you have actually played it. Not to sound like a jerk, but I want to make sure y'all aren't regurgitating what G4, IGN and all the magazines have spewed these last 20 years.

I may have played it a LOOOOOOOOONG time ago (really, I think I might have but it was so long ago I can't remember), but even if I haven't, the answer is E.T. and only E.T. You don't need to play the game to understand why it's the worst game ever. How many other times can you remember a company gathering almost every copy of a game they've produced and physically BURYING them all in a New Mexico landfill never to be seen again? More importantly, though, this game doomed an entire video game platform.

You know what really puts this into perspective, though? The Atari 2600 survived Custer's Revenge (and if you need a plot summary of that game, here it is--Custer, Indians, rape, cacti), but it couldn't survive E.T.

Let that sink in.

All that aside, if I were voting, I'd click Superman 64. As a child, I played E.T. and tried to make some sense out of it. While it sucked, I at least had some fun dropping E.T. down the pits. Superman 64 on the other hand... ugh! I never got past the damn rings!

All that aside, if I were voting, I'd click Superman 64. As a child, I played E.T. and tried to make some sense out of it. While it sucked, I at least had some fun dropping E.T. down the pits. Superman 64 on the other hand... ugh! I never got past the damn rings!

Ha, it always amazed me that Lex Luthor's brilliant plan was to have Supes fly cars through a bunch of oversized rings in what amounted to nothing more than a virtual reality simulator gone awry. I guess I'm just not as smart as Lexy or I might understand how that accomplishes anything.

I've actually played ET through the use of an emulator. Autumn actually remembers playing it on her 2600, but I was not fortunate enough to have one when I was young. It's hilariously bad. I don't remember ET being able to levitate by straightening out his neck in the film version.

Superman 64 was truly bad, but "Total Recall" for the NES is probably the worst game I have ever played.

It makes you wonder how these games got to market. Didn't some play-tester somewhere give them a clue that it was a horrible game?

While I suspect E.T. will take this one, I'm left wondering how many of you have actually played it. Not to sound like a jerk, but I want to make sure y'all aren't regurgitating what G4, IGN and all the magazines have spewed these last 20 years.

*Raises hand*

This game sucks, hard. And thank merciful heaven for video game reviews so I won't have to worry about playing those crappy ass games.

I think the only one I have ever played is Revolution X. Was that the one with saving Aerosmith, firing CDs at enemies and whatnot? If it is, I played it back in elementary school and didn't think it was so bad, at least compared to these others. So I'll just have to regugitate what I've heard from G4, IGN, and other magizines and vote ET. :D

I vote Superman 64...

Heres why: Atleast E.T. was an early video game...it was still a relatively new concept and you have to figure they didn't quite have it all down pat.

By Nintendo 64 console gaming had been around for close to 20's...there is NO excuse for a game being as bad as Superman 64 is...especially with such a can't miss franchise to base a game off of. E.T. is a pretty hard enough thing to make a interesting game out of, to fuck up Superman as bad as the publisher did is pretty amazing.